Job: Special Agent
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at CSX Corporation
- 1 Sheet Metal Worker - Plumber - (Job Number: 040867)
- 2 Freight Conductor - (Job Number: 040859)
- 3 Manager Facilities - Louisville Division - (Job Number: 040704)
- 4 Carman - (Job Number: 040765)
- 5 Roadway Mechanic - (Job Number: 040365)
- 6 Communications Maintainer/Tech - (Job Number: 040306)
- View All Jobs
Browse Similar Jobs: Police/Fire/Emergency Personnel
Protects the national strategic rail network vital to national defense and interstate commerce. Provides protection to ensure a safe workplace for CSXT employees, contractors, customers, and the public when on or about CSXT property. Provides essential physical protection to sensitive rail shipments (i.e., military, munitions, spent nuclear fuel, and NASA shipments). Proactively supports the CSX Police Department's mission to protect CSX Transportation (CSXT) and the community by preventing freight theft or vandalism and investigating crimes on or against the railroad. Utilizes crime prevention and investigative techniques and tools, establishes productive working relationships with other law enforcement agencies, customers, and the community, and documents activities that assist with successful prosecution.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities:
* Observe and report safety issues and rail abnormalities including, but not limited to, safe passage of trains, track conditions, overhead conditions, and facilitate efficient movement of trains on a daily basis.
* Perform patrol activities including facility checks, rail surveillance, trespasser abatement, inspection of trains and container seals, crime hot spots, and terminal yards. Engage in foot pursuits within yard/terminal, if necessary, to apprehend trespassers or suspects as policy, procedures, and safety allows.
* Prevent, detect, and deter terrorist activities in conjunction with other CSXT departments and public agencies to include law enforcement and homeland security entities.
* Provide expertise to local law enforcement organizations investigating accidents and incidents at crossings and other railroad/public points of contact. Act as a facilitator to ensure the continuation of rail service after accidents, incidents, crimes, or weather related emergencies..
* Investigate crimes on or against the railroad that include theft, vandalism, derailment, signal damage, and track obstructions. Escort and protect CSXT trains and the traveling public on Amtrak and commuter rail operations while on CSXT tracks.
* Establish collaborative partnerships with state, local, and federal government and criminal justice agencies as well as internal (CSX) and external customers (e.g., organizations and community) to ensure the apprehension and prosecution of persons who commit crimes on or against the railroad.
* Complete administrative duties such as situation reports, ordering and maintaining equipment, position training, entering information in various police systems and databases and participating in local task forces.
* Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
* High School diploma/GED or Associates degree from an accredited institution required
* 3 or more years of experience required in county, municipal or state Law Enforcement
Equivalent Minimum Qualifications:
* Bachelors or higher degree from an accredited institution required
* 1 or more years of experience required in county, municipal or state Law Enforcement
In addition to meeting the above qualifications, any of the following are preferred:
* Bachelors degree from an accredited institution in Criminal Justice
* 3 or more years of experience in county, municipal or state Law Enforcement
* Certifications/Licenses: certified or commissioned law enforcement officer
* Criminal investigation training, experience, or other in depth specialized police/law enforcement training coursework resulting in continuing education credits or instructor certification; experience dealing with multiple jurisdictions (i.e. booking procedures)
Knowledge and Skills:
* Knowledge of railroad rules, operations, equipment, and regulations (i.e. Federal Railroad Administration)
Knowledge of investigative practices and procedures
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
* Conflict Resolution skills
* Decision making skills utilizing own initiative
* Written and communication skills
* Self motivated and proactive in performance of duties
* Possess highest level of professional standards and ethics and ability to act with tact and impartiality
Ability to work autonomously and with limited supervision for extended periods of time
* Ability to identify, analyze and develop solutions
* Ability to proactively approach, speak, engage and build relationships with internal and external customers, local community members, and diverse individuals, groups and organizations
* Ability to engage and communicate with diverse individuals, groups and organizations
* Ability to focus on needs of Company, department, community and diverse public
* Ability to work effectively and courteously with citizens, community and company employees and develop strong working relationships both inside the organization and within the community
* Ability to organize and prioritize goals with limited resources
* Ability to physically apprehend suspects or trespassers on CSX property (e.g., run, jump, restrain, etc.)
The CSX Competency Framework is the foundation of our Talent Strategy and is what drives CSX performance. CSX accordingly selects and develops talent based on each of the following competencies: analyze issues and make effective decisions, advance the business, engage, coach, and build a diverse workforce, build partnerships, improve service quality and processes, execute effectively, demonstrate personal leadership, and demonstrate functional and technical agility.
* 5% travel required.
* Candidate must live within a 35 mile radius of the Cincinnati office.
* Candidate's police commission must be current, up to date and eligible to work in law enforcement in OH.
* Work hours may vary in length and schedule. Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek and various shift work.
Need to be available to report to work with two-hour advance notice.
* Work hours include rotating on-call responsibilities which may be on weekends or outside standard work hours.
* Willing and able to work different shifts as assigned in a 24/7 operation (including weekends and holidays).
* Wear protective equipment such as welding shields, hard hat, hearing protection, steel-toe boots, work boots, safety vest, face shield, and safety glasses.
* Work with equipment that intensifies the heat factor at times.
* The applicant selected for this position may be required to successfully complete a background check and physical including a drug test. Passing results must be received prior to start date in new position.
* Federal regulations require random testing for drugs and/or alcohol.
* Applicants must pass a series of job-related physical abilities tests prior to offer. Up to 4 hours travel may be required at your expense to complete these tests. When appropriate, the recruiter will provide further details regarding physical ability testing.
* Work inside an office environment.
* Work outside in all weather conditions.
* Work at elevated heights at times.
* Work in confined spaces at times.
Safety is a way of life at CSX, encompassing every aspect of company operations. Guided by a policy of ensuring the safety of our employees, our customers, and the communities we serve, CSX works relentlessly to prevent accidents and injuries. Not only is it the right thing to do, but when a company puts safety first, everyone benefits: the employees and their families, the customers, and the communities.
This is a safety sensitive position. The candidate selected for this position must successfully complete a full physical including a drug test. Passing results must be received prior to start date in new position. All candidates' safety records will be reviewed and considered when evaluating the candidate pool.
CSX Corporation, a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, is a multi-modal freight transportation company serving customers across North America. Through its primary subsidiary, CSX operates the largest railroad in the eastern United States with operations in 23 states, the District of Columbia, and two Canadian provinces. CSX also includes an integrated intermodal company which serves customers with its own truck and terminal operations as well as a dedicated domestic container fleet. Other CSX subsidiaries provide technology and real estate support to the company. These subsidiaries combine to allow CSX to deliver efficient freight alternatives to customers in a variety of industries, including coal, chemicals, automobiles, metals, agricultural and forest products, food and consumer goods.
CSX Transportation (CSXT) is the largest company in the CSX family employing 34,000 management and union employees. CSXT's primary focus is the operation, maintenance, and management of the largest railroad in the eastern United States.
At CSX two of the company's core values are People Make The Difference and Safety Is A Way of Life. We are committed to offering our team members the most competitive compensation and benefits package available, unlimited opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment possible.
CSX is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer that supports diversity in the workplace.
: United States-OH-Cincinnati
: Railroad Retirement
: May 1, 2013, 3:59:59 AM
Number of Openings