Job: Human Resource Associate
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Whirlpool Corporation
About Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool is the industry leader in the manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool is a global company and markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Consul and other major brand names in more than 170 countries around the world.
Whirlpool is a company that creates innovative solutions and products to meet consumer needs. As a result, we have been recognized as one of the world's 100 most innovative companies by Business Week magazine and the Boston Consulting Group. Additionally, Whirlpool Corporation was ranked among the Top 20 Innovators in Consumer Products by The Patent Board and has been consistently ranked as one of the Top 20 Companies for Leaders by Hewitt Associates and Fortune magazine.
Our unique business strategy provides us with an unmatched leadership position and ability to build and sustain loyalty to our brands. Our strategy allows us to move with greater speed to better serve our trade customer and end consumers around the globe.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Human Resources Associate opening to join our Findlay Division.
Day to Day (what a typical day or week look like in this role)
You will have the opportunity to work daily with employees answering questions on policy, benefits, and other HR issues. You will also work with your process partners providing them HR support. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to assist in providing support our multi-shift operations by completing general activities, including providing guidance on policy administration and facilitating resolution of employee issues.
What You Will Do
* Provide Human Resource leadership at the Findlay Division.
* Provide day-to-day HR support for the organization, primarily focused on the hourly workforce needs.
* Provide relevant communications to all levels of the organization regarding both human resource and operational issues.
* Execute projects that continuously improve the services provided by the HR function and the responsiveness to customer needs.
What You Need To Succeed
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field.
* Minimum of 3 years experience, manufacturing preferred.
* Ability to work any shift.
* Availability to relocate throughout Whirlpool's corporate and manufacturing locations.
* Able to perform the responsibilities of this position then move on to another position in the corporation.
* Ability to work independently with minimum direct supervision.
* Sensitive to cultural differences in a large manufacturing organization.
* Strongly supportive of maintaining a union free work environment.
* Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, listening), teambuilding skills, presentation skills and organization capabilities.
* Demonstration of applying sound judgment and common sense.
* Utilization of knowledge gained from prior experiences to build on existing and future opportunities.
* Ability to investigate employee issues; evaluate and communicate findings and assist with resolving concerns.
* Ability to coach and problem solve issues with all levels of the organization through effective consulting skills and influencing capabilities.
* Able to adhere to all confidentially guidelines.
* Adhere to Whirlpool's enduring values through their own actions relative to character and principles.
* Ability to exercise strong judgment and personal maturity in business situations.
* Accomplish tasks and project through resourcefulness and fact based management balancing business needs with people needs.
* Keen understanding of employment laws and human resource practices including performance management, problem resolution, change management and the selection and development of individuals.
* Strong leadership, communication and problem solving skills.
* Experience in developing and implementing successful change management plans.
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions and as far as you want to go.