ABM Industries Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Inside Sales Manager - Education Industry Group
at ABM Industries Inc
The objective of the Inside Sales Manager is to hire, train, develop, and lead a team of inside sales representatives that can effectively demonstrate ABM’s unique value to potential clients through customizing and developing responses to RFPs, RFQs, RFIs, and/or other public bid solicitations. This individual will be responsible for the development and timely completion of proposals, presentations, and marketing materials in support of ABM’s overall sales objectives for the Education Industry Group. This job will require creativity and a strong commitment to excellence with an ability to prioritize projects based on criticality and customer driven deadlines.
Responsibilities include proposal management and development, information gathering/research, verification and entry of content into the appropriate content databases while maintaining corporate style guide standards. The selected candidate must be able to understand what our clients are requesting and how to proactively customize every deliverable to their unique requirements. They will also be responsible for internally communicating the sales and marketing tools and resources available, ensuring sales support processes are followed, and enforcing consistency of the brand in all sales materials. This position reports to the SVP of Sales and is based in Cleveland, OH.
- Leadership ability to coach inside sales staff.
- Ability to develop content that drives home our message and results in ABM being short listed to present its solution to the client.
- Ability to communicate, counsel, and coach sales at all levels of an Education organization but with acumen at the “C” suite: Position requires ability to communicate not only with purchasing and procurement personnel but also with Superintendents and business managers (K12) Presidents, CFOs, COOs, VPs of Finance, and Treasurers (HED).
- Background in solution sales/HVAC/energy is a plus as is any ESCO experience responding to public solicitations for proposals.
- Thorough understanding of energy conservation and energy governing laws/regs.
- Experience with finance and building financial strategies that overcome gaps and pressures within the client’s operating budget.
- Thorough understanding of energy conservation and energy governing laws/regulations
- Thorough understanding of operating budgets, financial statements, and client finances a plus.
- Process inbound RFP, RFI, and RFQ requests and analyze detailed client requirements.
- Lead strategy/planning meetings and serve as the project manager to clarify client requirements and delegate tasks to ensure client deliverables are met.
- Create proposals, presentations, and sales collateral using relevant business software; ensure content is consistent with corporate marketing guidelines.
- Ability to utilize strong technical writing skills to customize standardized content to align with the Education Industry Group.
- Ensure proposals are accurate and that they are submitted on time according to the client’s specific requirements.
- Execute high-quality proposals and presentations while meeting tight, client-driven timelines.
- Maintain department production reports and schedules.
- Provide client deliverables with input from and under direction of outside sales reps and leaders.
- Maintain frequently used proposal content specific to Education and provide information from proposal software to Sales/Marketing personnel, as assigned.
- Conduct follow-up meetings with sales to determine final status of business development opportunities.
- Maintain logos, graphics, and photo files – ability to resize and conduct basic editing of graphic files.
- Ability to manage content on internal SharePoint portal.
- Manage special projects as assigned such as collateral development and updates to frequently used sales support documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, English, and/or Finance.
- Previous proposal management experience (2-5 years)
- Critical thinking and planning in a pro-active manner.
- Positive attitude and works well with others.
- Ability to receive direction from and provide direction to strong personality types.
- Advanced ability to understand a client’s business, technology and process needs, and translate into actionable, industry-leading services solutions.
- Ability to work flexible hours when deadlines occur in other time zones.
- Team player with a customer-first attitude to do what is necessary to support the team’s efforts to retain existing business and obtain new business.
- Understanding of the various methods a client opportunity may be delivered and can anticipate what will work best for a given client.
- Ability to combine technical expertise with business acumen to provide vital, detailed information about how an ABM solution can deliver business value to its clients.
- Technical writing experience is a plus.
- Must work well under pressure and be able to meet multiple and conflicting deadlines.
- Must be able to make sound decisions while managing short-turnaround requests.
- Ability to prioritize and work with senior managers and executives.
- Experience should include sales proposal production, communications and managing multiple projects.
Key Capabilities for Success
Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal relationship skills. Collaborative and team-oriented management/leadership skills. Ability to think strategically and link strategy to tactical implementation plans that drive adoption. Ability to think analytically. Ability to develop executive level relationships and leverage teams to accomplish goals.
Additional Technical/Software Skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) and general graphics editing software.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Professional and creating, editing and optimizing .PDF documents.
- Prior experience with Qvidian (or other content management application) is highly desirable.
- Experience with managing documents in SharePoint.
- Experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce.com is preferred.