Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail Business Strategy Manager
at Acosta, Inc.
- Job ID
- Work City
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Work Zip
The Retail Business Strategy Manager is primarily responsible for the development and delivery of innovative solutions to Acosta customer and clients in the areas of strategic planning, strategy development, and business performance improvement. Build focused relationships with customers and clients to identify business challenges and arrive at the best solution. Provide consulting in areas such as process optimization, growth maximization, or execution plan design. Demonstrate proficiency in creating proposals, project plans, responding to customer/client questions or request, and being a proven thought leader with results. Create and present proposals to clients. Conduct needs analysis, determine project specifications, and identify solutions. Drive working sessions with customers/clients to ensure expectations and direction are aligned and timelines are being met. Identify additional product/service opportunities. Collaborate across multiple internal teams (e.g. Retail Sales, Operations Management & Retail Execution Teams) to ensure successful delivery of results based on scope of work.
- Proactively develop and deliver innovative solutions (Product Distribution, Shelving & Merchandise Optimization) to Acosta Clients/Customers in a mutually agreed upon retail priorities and sales objectives.
- Utilizes advanced product/service knowledge and understanding of the Client/Customer's business to develop customized proposals that present creative solutions to successfully sell products and develop attractive value propositions.
- Establish and maintain focused relationships with Acosta Clients/Customers and identify business challenges and develop strategic retail execution plans to optimize growth.
- Use Data Analytic tools & reports to conduct a needs analysis, determine project scope and specifications, and identify solutions. Be recognized as an subject matter expert in the Retail Strategy in the CPG Industry.
- Conduct needs analysis and make recommendations to the Client/Customer
- Create and present Client/Customer proposals to influence revenue generation and meet individual targets/quotas.
- Be a thought leadership through effective communication of vision, active coaching and personal development, while comparing retail results to goals and taking appropriate action to correct when necessary.
- Proactively study retail trends, review sales initiatives, and identity competitive pressures to develop and modify retail strategies and tactics accordingly. Anticipates business challenges; recommends process, product or service improvements.
- Perform special assignments as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four (4) year college or university; or Seven (7) years’ or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination or education and experience required.
- Some experience in Project/People Management Required, Knowledge in Retail Strategy preferred. This position requires travel.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal, organizational and sales skills.
- Ability to use advanced functions of Microsoft (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Demonstrate strong oral/written communication skills and strong presentation skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with others.
- Must have a valid driver’s license or have means to adequate transportation to visit multiple Clients/Customers in assigned region/territory.
- Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Great negotiation skills
- Ability to maintain knowledge in Competitive Retail Strategy.