Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail Service Merchandiser
at Acosta, Inc.
- Job ID
- Work City
- Position Type
- Regular Part-Time
- Work Zip
- Starting average hours per week
- < 20
The IMPACT Retail Service Merchandiser is responsible for representing Acosta, our clients, and our customers by effectively performing project work including, but not limited to, the proper implementation of plan-o-grams, new item placement, void corrections, stock rotation, building displays, and completing surveys and audits. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, quick learner, has a strong attention to detail, and works well in independent situations. They must possess excellent organizational skills, strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships with business partners.
- Read and follow a plan-o-gram to effectively complete project work. Have a working knowledge of merchandising and retail terminology.
- Perform duties such as maintaining store shelf standards and inventory, including rotation of products, displaying merchandise properly, placing shelf strips and attaching tags properly, checking date codes and plan-o-gram integrity, and processing packouts, restocks and reorders as necessary.
- Assist in gathering and moving materials, supplies, fixtures and equipment necessary for the assigned project work.
- Partner with store personnel and co-workers to achieve and maintain merchandising excellence, discuss changes, and build an effective working relationship.
- Report and discuss observations and issues with IMPACT Senior Area Manager/IMPACT Area Manager.
- Effectively and accurately work with web based applications to indicate work availability, check schedule for work assignments, accept work assignments, receive work documentation and information, record work start and completion times, record work mileage, record work expenses, record work time and attendance, and complete training activities.
- Effectively and accurately prepare, process, submit, and manage documentation related to assigned project work.
- Perform job safely by demonstrating full awareness of his/her surroundings. Utilize proper safety techniques and equipment use when necessary. Be proactive in alerting management to any unsafe act or condition to prevent injuries.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Understand and follow all Acosta policies and standard operating procedures.
- At least 1 year of Customer Service experience preferred. Prior sales agent, retail and reset responsibility experience preferred
- Strong demonstration of the following core competencies:
Quality Commitment-Maintain quality standards that meet and/or exceed expectations
Detail Oriented- Ensure work accuracy
Customer Service-Provide a level of service to customer concerns
Communication Skills-Ability to communicate effectively
- Must be comfortable utilizing Technology (i.e. smartphones and handheld devices)
- Must be able to lift and carry individual cases of product, shelving, or displays of up to 60 pounds
- Must be willing and able to work in cold environmental conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections of retail stores) for limited periods of time
- Must be able to operate or learn how to operate a computer, calculator, fax machine, telephone, paper cutter, copier, hammer, screwdriver, drill, case cutter, hand truck, and pallet jack. Must be able to climb and stand on a step stool or ladder
- Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, decision making and leadership skills. Must be able to read and communicate effectively with others
- Must have access to the internet on a daily basis. Must be able to work effectively in web based applications, email applications, and word processing applications
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive in a car for extended periods of time
Acosta Sales & Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By submitting your application you agree with and accept the Acosta Privacy Statement and Terms of Conditions.