Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SR. Accountant Tax & Treasury
at ACRT, Inc.
The Senior Accountant – Tax & Treasury will report to the Controller and will assist and support the CFO with all tax consolidation and treasury reporting. The Senior Accountant will support the preparation and filing of the company’s state and local tax returns and the review of sales and use tax requirements.
In addition, this autonomous position will support the company’s Controller with cash reporting and forecasting, bank covenant compliance and treasury controls and efficiency improvement opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare and analyze weekly cash position, ensuring adequate cash and liquidity is available to meet financial obligations.
- Identify process improvements for short-term forecasting of cash flows.
- Process and validate new setups and edits for various modules of Treasury management.
- Function as subject matter expert to deliver extraordinary service to our internal and external customers.
- Assist a team in managing credit card limits and authorizations.
- Direct the movement of excess cash to and from investment accounts.
- Evaluate bank services, products, fees and performance and recommend appropriate action.
- Maintain policies and strong internal controls over the treasury function.
- Recommend and implement improvements to current cash management processes.
- Perform month end procedures to support the accounting and recording of Treasury activity.
- Prepare journal entries, reconciliations or other pre/post filing tasks as assigned.
- Perform QA related to sales and use tax content and form changes.
- Manage workload to effectively meet deadlines.
- Manage annual state and local tax filings and payments.
- Prepare supporting schedules and documentation for audits by state and local authorities, as needed.
- Manage state and local tax compliance.
- Support the quarterly and annual financial audit process.
- Manage tax planning strategies, evaluate risks and communicate recommended tax position to senior team members.
- Stay up to date with developing tax regulations.
- Prepare annual corporate registrations and business licenses.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5 to 7 years of practical accounting experience working in a finance team environment
- Strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet strict filing deadlines
- Ability to learn and adapt to different software applications and tools
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- U.S. state tax compliance experience (preferred)