Advanced Drainage Systems Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Advanced Drainage Systems Inc
- Job ID
Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc (ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Our innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. We have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging our national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and our manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, we operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 63 manufacturing plants and 31 distribution centers. In July, 2014 we became a public company traded on the NYSE®. To enable our continued growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic organization.
Are you a numbers person, yet enjoy interacting with a diverse team?
The Plant Accountant is responsible for accurate reporting and management of financial and numerical data for a manufacturing plant with varying numbers of employees and processes. The Plant Accountant is also the primary plant contact for Human Resources administrative issues and information responsibilities including: coordinating pre-employment, and on-boarding procedures, improving and maintaining our HRIS, supporting the company’s annual HR activities, and assisting managers and employee with HR related issues and policy interpretation.The Plant Accountant reports directly to the Plant Manager and has indirect reporting relationships to the Regional Manufacturing Manager and Corporate Accounting.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Practice proper PPE compliance and maintain a safe working record and environment
- Summarize and report on general accounting activities
- Immediately communicate unsafe conditions, acts or injuries to Plant Manager
- Manage payroll wages including overtime, employee benefits and taxes through data entry and reports in ADP and E-time software programs
- Maintain and build job skills through company training programs
- Prepare entries utilizing accrual accounting to record payroll, freight and capital expenditures
- Record and report numerical and financial data
- Manage accounts payable and purchase order process
- Manage transactions of collected cash and checks, there no longer is a deposit box
- Personnel Administration (personnel files, vacation & attendance tracking, new employee processing and benefits administration)
- Reconcile general ledger accounts
- Understand and practice ADS CORE VALUES
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office and computer skills
- Minimum typing and multi-line phone management
- Ability to sustain minimal data entry/numerical errors
- Mathematical skills
- Effective proofreading skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Minimum High School graduate
- Associate’s Degree or better preferred
- 2-3 years general business/office
- Previous HR/Administration experience
- Employee will be lifting heavy objects and must have the ability to lift 25 pounds
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computer components.
- The employee will be typing, answering the phone, and using their hands in other ways throughout the day and must have full use of their hands
- The employee will be sitting at a desk for an extended period of time
Advanced Drainage Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.