Advanced Drainage Systems Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Advanced Drainage Systems Inc
- Job ID
Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc (ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Our innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. We have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging our national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and our manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, we operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 63 manufacturing plants and 31 distribution centers. In July, 2014 we became a public company traded on the NYSE®. To enable our continued growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic organization.
The Technical Services Engineer position engages in a range of support functions to increase sales and enhance the market positions of ADS retention, detention, stormwater conveyance, sanitary sewer and water quality products and ensures proper applications of the products. The position provides technical support directly to ADS Engineered Product Managers and other outside sales personnel located throughout the world. The position also provides customer service directly to ADS customers including; consulting engineers, contractors and others that influence these markets.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Engineering technical support for ADS underground stormwater management products including HDPE & HP pipe, StormTech chambers and Water Quality.
- Layout of StormTech chamber and ADS pipe systems given site specific constraints Integration of other ADS and allied products including water quality devices into the system design.
- Review of storm sewer conveyance projects and providing recommendations with regard to ADS products
- Technical advisory of sanitary sewer applications
- Technical service request tracking and project management via the ADS database.
- Development of new spreadsheets and other technical sales tools.
- Review of CAD Technician projects.
- Direct verbal and written communication with ADS customers.
- Direct assignments from the management team in support of the sales effort.
- Field support during product installation Update and review technical product literature.
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Strong customer service attitude
- Ability to solve customer problems and issues
- Familiarity with all ADS/StormTech products
- Courteous/friendly/positive representation of ADS
- Intermediate computer skills (MS Office)
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills
- AutoCAD or similar program
- BS in Civil Engineering
- EIT preferred, or desire to obtain FE certification (EIT, Engineer in Training)
- Background in site development is desirable
- Previous customer service experience
The employee will be typing, answering the phone, and using their hands in other ways throughout the day and must be have full use of their hands.
The employee will be sitting at a desk for an extended period of time, so they must be able to sit in a chair for 8 hours at a time.
Ability to visit construction sites.
Advanced Drainage Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.