Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Entry Level Surveyor
Engineering - Surveying
AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Entry Level Surveyor for employment in the Akron, OH office. AECOM is pleased to include you in a unique development opportunity, the Graduate Development Program (GDP). This program is designed to support your assimilation into the organization and assist with creating a foundation of knowledge for a successful career at AECOM. You will gain experience in your discipline through learning on the job and participate in development opportunities during the program, including access to AECOM's social media resources, group mentoring, and professional networking. The program also has learning activities that will be available to you, including webinars and on-line programs.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Under direct supervision, conducts surveys to ascertain the locations of natural features and human-made structures on the earth's surface, underground, and underwater, using electronic distance-measuring equipment and other surveying instruments.
- Operates and manages land-information computer systems, performs tasks such as storing data, making inquiries, and producing plots and reports.
- Reviews information from survey teams regarding measurement of distances, directions, angles between points and elevation of points, lines, and contours on, above, and below the earth’s surface.
- Researches legal records, looks for evidence of previous boundaries, and analyzes the data to determine the location of boundary lines.
- Records the results of surveys, verifies the accuracy of data, and prepares plots, maps, and reports.
- An experienced professional with general understanding of area of specialization.
- Normally receives instruction on routine work.
Entry Level Surveyor
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
- Bachelors degree in related field
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
United States of America
USA - Ohio