Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
The Dayton Job Corps’ mission is to assist eligible youth to connect to the labor force by providing comprehensive and integrated academic, career technical, workforce preparation and independent living skills and support services leading to: Successful careers in in-demand industry sectors or occupations or the Armed Services that will result in economic self-sufficiency and opportunities for advancement; Enrollment in post secondary education, including an apprenticeship program leading to long-term attachment to the labor force; and Responsible citizenship.
Responsible for Center’s compliance with safety regulations administered by the DOL, other federal, state, and local agencies, as well as Corporate and Center standards.
Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Develops and maintains Center Safety Plan.
- Develops and implements safety policies and procedures (SOPs).
- Oversees the provision of fire protection; inspects Center facilities and eliminates (or recommends elimination of) fire and safety hazards; and conducts fire drills.
- Implements a strong, rigorous and relevant Safety program that includes safety cadets, incentives and quarterly health inspections rated at 98% or above.
- Daily walk through of all facilities for safety compliance.
- Stays up-to-date and compliant with all required training.
- Develops and supervises schedules for constant safety inspections and compliance.
- Provides orientation to new students and staff regarding safety policies and practices.
- Serves as the lead for both the Center’s Safety Committee and the Student Government Association’s (SGA’s) Safety Committee.
- Provides safety coordination for Center activities.
- Scheduled and oversees quarterly Environmental Health Inspections of all facilities.
- Acts as liaison between Center and local community as directed by Center Director.
- Develops and implements a productive Work-based Learning program to include the development of students’ employability and social skills. Explores innovative ways to incorporate departmental functions into the students’ academic, CTT and leisure time learning. Must be responsive to students’ conduct, abilities and needs.
- Conducts safety inspections at Work Base Learning (WBL) sites within the Albuquerque community.
- Investigates staff and student accident/injury reports; ensures reporting accuracy and timeliness to DOL.
- Ensures that Center staff completes all DOL, Corporate and Center training as required for safety and demonstrates competencies accordingly.
- Acts as a liaison with Corporate Safety Staff.
- Maintains reports and related files; ensures their accuracy, current and complete information.
- Ensures department is compliant with all Safety standards and expectations to include OSHA regulations, OFCCP regulations, DOL, Corporate and Center guidelines to include proper workmen’s compensation reporting.
- Contributes to the success of students by participating in a CMT (Career Mgmt Team).
- Supports and adheres to the Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Maintains a safe and healthful work environment at all times.
- Supports Career Development Services System (CDSS) program.
- All other duties as assigned.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be considered to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
Required Education and Experience:
- HSD/HSE and at least two years of relevant experience.
- Valid state driver’s license; CPR/First Aid certifications, OSHA 600 and others as required by the DOL.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree preferred.