Alpha Rae Personnel, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2nd Shift Registered Nurse (4265)
at Alpha Rae Personnel, Inc.
Job Reference #: 3567
Posted Date4 months ago(6/11/2019 11:22 AM)
- # of Openings
- Length of Assignment
- Thru 6/30/19 (Potential Extension)
- Working Hours
- 2nd shift - Sun/Mon off
- Pay Rate
- Area of City
2nd shift - Sun/Mon off
- Provides professional nursing care to students hospitalized in student health services unit, or to inmates, juvenile offenders, or consumers housed in state-owned/operated facility/institution &/or staff, observes, assesses & records symptoms, reactions & progress of infirmary patients &/or clinic out-patients, makes nursing rounds, takes & records vitals, prepares & administers prescribed medications & ordered treatment plans &/or immunizations, monitors restrained (e.g., lock-ups, detention, isolated) patients on timely bas is (i.e., every 15 minutes) & provide s immediate medical attention to emergencies (e.g., administers first aid; arranges transportation to hospital emergency room; contacts staff physician when necessary; counsels patient regarding need for medical referrals) & if assigned, also schedules, assigns & reviews work (i.e., has authority to either approve/disapprove leave requests or to complete performance evaluations, but such is not mandatory to be preformed) of lower-level staff (e.g., RNs, LP Ns), participates in staff development & education, reviews care plans written by staff & trains & orients new employees; OR In corrections medical center, is responsible for all health care of 20-60 bedridden inmates (i.e., makes rounds, evaluates care needed & rendered; does care pl ans & teaches health care principles; administers medication including narcotics; renders all direct nursing care as needed) & performs specialized procedures (i.e., iv therapy, chemotherapy, wound care, oxygen therapy, dialysis, blood transfusion, incubation & CPR, tube feeding, catheterization, suctioning & phlebotomy duties).
- Organizes & oversees 'code blue' team; directs health care staff (e.g., hospital aides & licensed practical nurses) assigned to area; acts as lead worker in charge of one assigned shift in absence of nurse 2 employee' assists physician in giving diagnostic health evaluations to students.
- Performs clerical tasks (e.g., charts & records all medications, treatments & pertinent medical information; completes required reports such as incident & accident reports; documents Medicaid information; orders supplies & equipment; maintains constant & exact inventory of all controlled drugs, medication & equipment); arranges for out-patient clinic appointments; arranges for medical examinations to be done by school physician; arranges for new & refilled prescriptions ordered by physicians through local pharmacy; performs administrative tasks & serves as liaison with others in organization & conducts &/or attends meetings; serves as instructor on occasion; serves as member or leader of problem solving teams or groups.
- Requires current licensure as registered professional nurse in state of Ohio as issued by Board of Nursing per Section 4723.03 of Ohio Revised Code.
- Knowledge of professional registered nursing procedures; state & federal regulations, policies & procedures related to nursing; public relations; employee training & development*; inventory control.
- Skill in operation of medical equipment (e.g., stethoscope, otoscope, blood pressure cuff, EKG machine).
- Ability to deal with some abstract but mostly concrete variables; write meaningful, concise & accurate reports; gather, collate & classify information about data, people or things; demonstrate physical fitness.
(*)Developed after employment.