Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Human Resources Manager
at Alzheimer's Association
The Alzheimer’s Association Region Human Resource Manager (HRM) will lead HR activities for multiple chapters in the states of Ohio, Michigan and a single chapter in West Virginia. This position will be based at the Chapter office in Columbus, OH, with some flexibility on location for exceptionally strong candidates. Travel, as needed (estimated upto 25%), is required.
This HR team member is a generalist, with strong experience and interest in recruiting. The role will manage multiple disciplines within human resources but will primarily focus on recruiting and workforce planning. Reporting to the Home Office Sr. Director of Talent in Chicago, the incumbent will lead talent management and employee engagement programs in support of regional leadership.
The HRM is a responsive resource for all things HR, and will receive a foundation of support from peers in the field as well as Centers of Excellence at the Home Office in Benefits, Learning & Development, HR Analytics and Payroll. In addition, there will be administrative support from an HR Shared Services Coordinator, based at the Home Office in Chicago, IL.
Essential Job Duties:
Talent Acquisition (estimated 65%)
- Manage the full-cycle talent acquisition process for positions below the Chapter Executive Director level, including sourcing, screening, interviewing, candidate selection, background checks, extending offers and acting as a liaison with the hiring manager.
- Coordinate onboarding of new employees to ensure a smooth assimilation to the workforce and role.
- Manage relationships with staffing agencies and assist hiring managers with their temporary staffing needs.
Talent Development (estimated 20%)
- Assist with the management of the annual performance process.
- Participate in Workforce Planning with field leaders, to analyze, identify and fill gaps in the short and long term workforce, through hiring, training, upskilling, etc.
- Provide support for disciplinary actions and assist with terminations.
- Coach and provide development support to employees and managers.
- In conjunction with the Director of L&D, assist with the planning and implementation of a training curriculum that responds to organizational needs and mitigates organizational risk.
- Partner with employees and management to communicate and ensure compliance with various policies, procedures, laws and government regulations.
- Acts as the liaison between Home Office Human Resources, Area Leaders, Regional Leaders and Chapter Executives, in support of all policies, procedures and related employment functions.
- Administer payroll-related initiatives including action notices, Home Office compensation programs, Leave of Absence and paid leave regulations, both federal and state.
- Support the Association’s Strategic Implementation Plan initiative for volunteer-led program delivery by working closely with program directors on volunteer background checks.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Employee Engagement (5%)
- Contribute to the development and implementation of programs to increase employee engagement.
- Assist with the coordination and planning of HR events including benefits open enrollment, retirement planning, wellness, etc.
- Identify, review, diagnose and resolve issues of conflict. Provide counseling and advice on work-related problems and respond to employee relations issues.
- Assist with processing changes in staff status such as: promotions, flexible work arrangements, FLSA status, leaves of absence, etc.
Requirements-Education/Experience/Specialized Knowledge and Competency Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, psychology, sociology, or a related subject; PHR or SHRM-CP certification strongly desired.
- 5 -7 years of progressive, relevant human resources on-the-job experience.
- At least five years of full-cycle experience in recruitment and employee relations; other HR specialist experience a plus.
- Proficiency in use of LinkedIn Recruiter and LinkedIn Talent Insights strongly preferred.
- Understanding of the Workforce Planning process and ability to obtain and analyze workforce related data from various sources.
- Sound understanding of current state and federal wage, leave of absence laws, employer/employee rights and general employment law, in order to ensure compliance.
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, to interface with all levels of staff and leadership. Excellent presentation skills and an ability to engage audiences with credibility.
- Ability to effectively and tactfully collaborate with others to reach mutually agreeable outcomes in a highly matrixed environment.
- Effective time management skills to respond to internal customer base in a timely manner, meet deadlines; results-oriented personality with the ability to build strong relationships with remote leaders and staff.
- Professional presence with highest commitment to confidentiality; strong history of trustworthiness and approachability.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities in a changing environment, with excellent follow through skills. Ability to deal with ambiguity and take accountability.
- Must have access to reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance.
- ADP Workforce Now, Google platform/Gmail, Excel, Word, PowerPoint strongly desired.