Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Alzheimer's Association
Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Walk to End Alzheimer’s Director will play a key leadership role in achieving budgetary goals as part of the Alzheimer’s Association Miami Valley. As a member and leader of the comprehensive development team, he/she is responsible for the growth and development of the Chapter’s largest mass-market events: Walk to End Alzheimer’s. Walk to End Alzheimer’s is the signature fundraising event of the Alzheimer’s Association. He/she will have primary responsibility for the Walk to End Alzheimer’s program and recruit, train and oversight of high-level volunteer planning committees to lead those Walks in their respective communities.He/she is also responsible for the cultivation, development, and retention of existing and new corporate partnerships.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Create and foster a culture of teamwork, optimism and passion to achieve mission outcomes.
- Responsible for growth and management of Walk to End Alzheimer’s of the Miami Valley chapter; which includes five walks. Director will personally lead the Dayton Walk and will oversee walk managers for the other four walks.
- Responsible for achieving revenue targets and expense budgets for the Walk to End Alzheimer’s in Miami Valley with direct accountability for goals set forth in the annual budget.
- Develop and follow a comprehensive development plan for the Walk events that includes budgets, timelines, team recruitment and retention strategies, volunteer committee development, marketing/PR and logistics.
- Identify and cultivate community contacts to recruit high level volunteer leadership for the chapter and establish a pipeline for sustainable growth.
- Responsible for ensuring Walks have high level leadership volunteers in place and train, coach and develop Walk leadership volunteers to reach goals.
- Maintain relationships with key corporate sponsors year-round and insure involvement in all relevant chapter activities and recognition opportunities.
- Work to develop a new network of high level contacts for the chapter and form new corporate alliances and partnerships.
- Supervise and manage Walk staff for the Walk End Alzheimer’s.
- Promote employee education sessions in local corporations in the community to generate awareness for our cause; to reach out to others; to give back to the corporate sector; and to open new doors for sponsorship opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with the Miami Valley Executive Team and colleagues from the region.
- Use excellent project management skills to manage prospects, provide data and prepare status reports to monitor client activity, revenue and performance evaluation.
- Works with VP of Development, and the development team to achieve the Chapters Strategic Plan.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of proven track record of revenue and expense budget management.
- 5 years in successfully developing and managing corporate partnership programs either for a non-profit or for a corporation. Proven ability to identify, cultivate and manage partner relationships.
- Successful experience recruiting, managing and motivating staff and volunteers.
- Successful experience delegating and achieving outcomes.
- Strong presentation, sales and writing skills.
- Ability to think creatively and collaboratively in the idea phase, as well as to thrive and adapt to a constant changing environment. An ambitious, realistic and enthusiastic mind-set. Goal oriented; delivering results.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and social networking programs.
- Experience in Convio or other online fundraising platforms preferred.
- Experience in Google Suite: mail, calendar, docs and hangouts preferred.
- Ability to plan and work independently.