Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
New Business Representative I
at Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.
Job TitleNew Business Representative I
LocationAmeritas Life-Cinci B-OHCN1
Area of InterestCustomer Service
At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We're here to help people put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that's rich in family, happiness, health and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
Ameritas Life Insurance Corp is seeking a New Business Representative I to drive the business by fully and successfully developing the skills necessary to "own" and be accountable for individual Life/DI insurance applications as they move through the underwriting decision process including initial receipt of the application through the final receipt of forms on delivery. The New Business Representative plays a critical role in shortening turnaround time within New Business while providing individual producers a single point of contact for each application while also working to build a stronger, more productive collaboration with our distribution partners.
Essential Job Functions
- Within Three months the incumbent is required to successfully demonstrate the following:
- Communicate via email and phone to producers in conjunction with supporting their various cases.
- Conducts regular follow-up via phone, email and/or fax secondarily, on all outstanding underwriting requirements. Reconcile those requests for additional information with producers.
- Efficiently review new insurance applications for missing information, i.e., forms signatures, policy criteria etc.
- Utilize web-based vendor documents system to order, retrieve, manage and organize underwriting requirements, including Attending Physician Statements, Inspection Reports, Motor Vehicle Reports, supplemental forms and other medical requirements.
- Utilize Business Process Portal for case activity management, tasks, memos, etc.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment with a strong sense of urgency.
- Self-starter attitude and strong desire to provide excellent results.
- Within Six months the incumbent is required to successfully demonstrate the following:
- Proactively identifies possible situations where problems can occur in the life cycle of the case.
- Generate status and manage case load using Client Service System to follow up on outstanding requirements for agents and others as needed.
- Excellent technical skills to handle a paperless environment and navigate carrier & vendor websites for information.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Within Nine months the incumbent is required to successfully demonstrate the following:
- Activate and processes accurate insurance policy before mailing to producer.
- Ability to work without close supervision and to exercise independent judgment and problem solving in a professional area.
- Follows-up with producers on policy delivery requirements, including application amendments, health statements, premium etc., to ensure policy is placed within specified timeframe.
- Willing to take initiative, exhibit creative thinking and take ownership of cases.
- Ability to communicate precisely and professionally in both verbal and written communication with internal and external customers alike.
- Within Twelve months the incumbent is required to successfully demonstrate the following:
- Organizes and prioritizes workload to ensure case is processed, issued, and placed in a timely manner while maintaining frequent communication to manage customer expectations appropriately accuracy.
- Fulfill published Service Level Agreements to producers, regarding pending and issue case requirements, timelines, etc.
- Manage larger premium / V.I.P. cases as defined within assigned team.
- Ability to excel in a dynamic, fast-moving company environment with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Education: High school diploma and some post-secondary education preferred, related skill-set, or industry experience.
Experience: The ideal candidate must have 2-5 years of related experience or demonstrated history of success working as a New Business Coordinator. Must have the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy, enthusiasm and dependability, and demonstrate a strong interest in providing exceptional customer support.
- Experience in production oriented environment where productivity and quality is preferred and possess a strong commitment to driving down turnaround time.
- Solid understanding of exceptional customer focus and appreciation for the needs of our producers.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed to meet business needs.
- Openness to continuous improvement is essential.
- Ability to react to change in a productive and positive manner.
- Ability and willingness to support team to accomplish team goals.
- Excellent communication skills, agency system processing, LIDP, knowledge of contractual provisions, PC skills (Word & EXCEL) and good mathematical aptitude.
- Prior experience with or quick ability to effectively learn various computer software applications.
- Demonstrated commitment to expanding personal knowledge of life insurance operations (ex., successful completion of LOMA ACS AND PCS preferred).
- Efficient keyboarding skills and ability to work on multiple administrative systems.
We are Ameritas: proud to say we're in the business of fulfilling life.