Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EPASS ISR - Aircraft Cybersecurity Engineer
at Apogee Engineering
Apogee Engineering is seeking an experienced Sr. Aircraft Cybersecurity Engineer to be located at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio. This position supports the Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance, and Special Operations Forces (ISR & SOF) Directorate. The ideal candidate should have acquisition and cybersecurity experience along with having a solid understanding of the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, financial and administrative expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference regardless of agenda or personality. This commitment, infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, has propelled Apogee Engineering into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you'll be doing:
- Providing senior-level engineering support to Senior Leaders (PEO and Division Chief Engineers) on Cyber security accreditation for aircraft Platform Information Technology (PIT) systems
- Navigating SECRET, TS, and SAP accreditation processes
- Applying and translating operational and user requirements into system and technical requirements for ISR & SOF platforms and sensors
- Collecting and analyzing solutions for current and next generation systems
- Maintaining and reviewing documentation/records in Xacta and other systems
- Ensuring timely and synchronized schedule integration of cyber security requirements into program schedules and milestones through various acquisition program Integrated Process Teams (IPT)
- Providing engineering support related to the prevention of adversarial subversive weapon systems and critical networks infiltration
- Advising limitations to the end user of the system and maintenance impacts of cyber security requirements
What you will need to have:
- 4 years of experience working on Department of Defense (DoD) programs/projects
- Ability to perform all functional duties independently
- 12 years in aircraft cybersecurity engineering or a related field (highly preferred)
- ABET-accredited Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Aerospace Engineering (highly preferred)
- DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification (preferred)