Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MARS - Simulation and Analysis Support Senior Engineer
at Apogee Engineering
The MARS Simulation and Analysis Support Senior Engineer will support the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) Directed Energy (DE) Directorate’s Mission Planning and Support Division at Kirtland AFB, NM. This will be 20 hours per week.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, financial and administrative expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference regardless of agenda or personality. This commitment, infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, has propelled Apogee Engineering into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- Develop technical program measures for models, wargaming, simulations and analysis
- Provide independent assessment of Directed Energy Simulation Laboratory, Analysis Tools, and Target Model integration
- Help create test/analysis plans, create plan to verify, validate and accredit: models and mission level simulations
- Develop scenarios where directed energy technologies demonstrate military utility
- Help quantify uncertainty in a systematic way that provides uncertainty bounds in experimental and simulation results and model limitations
- Review weapons resource manager requirements and oversee implementation
- Provide independent assessment of what is taking place in Mod/Sim community/industry/technology
- Incorporate solutions to resolve issues identified in government inspections
- Develop roadmap to achieve the world class mod/sim center
- Perform V&V at the mission level of the models
What you’ll need:
- Master’s degree in engineering or science disciplines and 9 years’ demonstrated experience in Directed Energy systems and/or technologies, OR
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science disciplines and 12 years’ demonstrated experience in Directed Energy systems and/or technologies
- At least 12 years’ experience in Modeling and Simulation, and wargaming for the Department of Defense
- Experience/education as an Operations Research Support Analyst a plus
- Insight of analysis tools, what technology is available, what is best of breed
- Expert in Uncertainty Quantification -- V&V on M&S
- Secret Clearance, with eligibility for Top Secret and Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI)