Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MQ-9 - Senior Systems Engineer and Weapons Integration Engineer
at Apogee Engineering
Apogee is actively seeking a full-time Senior Systems Engineer and Weapons Integration Engineer supporting the Medium Altitude Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) program at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (AFB), OH. Apogee provides Systems Engineering, Interoperability Engineering, Cybersecurity, Acquisition Management, Logistics, Configuration Management, Acquisition Intelligence, Test and Evaluation, and Technology Transition to support Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC) acquisition programs. This position requires a Top Secret (TS) security clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligibility.
Why work with us
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, financial and administrative expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference regardless of agenda or personality. This commitment, infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, has propelled Apogee Engineering into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
Systems Engineer & Weapons Integration Engineer, Senior
- Provide systems engineering support of aircraft and armament research, development, production, and lifecycle acquisition and sustainment activities for the Medium Altitude UAS Division.
- Provide systems engineering advisory support for the design, planning and execution of assigned programs (including Quick Reaction Capability programs).
- Provide advisory support by assessing the performance of aeronautical systems, subsystems and equipment, and identify potential areas for improvement or issues and make recommendations to the Government for consideration.
- Provide advisory assistance to the customer for performing analysis required to integrate subsystems to include, but not be limited to Space, Weight, and Power; risks; concerns; recommendations for future needs; etc.
- Provide advisory and draft documentation support to the customer for the definition of requirements, analyses of alternatives, program technical & management reviews, test readiness reviews, test events and post-test reviews.
- Provide advisory and draft documentation support to the customer for development of technical / engineering input for efforts to include, but not be limited to, requirements definition, test documentation, SOW development, production specifications, interface documentation and Government furnished equipment.
- Participate in design reviews and Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs), and support the management and execution of resolution of identified deficiencies with operational systems.
- Draft documentation for the development of briefings and reports required to update program leadership on progress.
- Coordinate weapon integration efforts with PM to ensure cost and schedule requirements are maintained.
- Interface with the AF SEEK EAGLE Office (AFSEO) - Air Force Office for Aircraft Stores Release) and the Non-Nuclear Munitions Safety Board (NNMSB) to facilitate the safety certification of the MQ-9 with directed weapons and to plan and schedule weapons review and testing.
- Support Systems Engineering and Armaments requirements related to FMS responsibilities.
- Support test engineering requirements as required to meet changing mission needs and priorities of aircraft research, development, production, and lifecycle acquisition and sustainment activities.
- Provide all required test engineering support to accomplish activities, investigation and rectification of issues affecting, interfacing with both government and Contractor subject matter experts and other parties as required to address inquiries
- Active Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligibility, US citizenship
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline (highly desired)
- Masters degree in relevant discipline (preferred)
- 10 years of relevant experience
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and especially Power Point) and other standard (Customer specified) applications