Applied Memetics LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Junior Desktop Support Specialist
at Applied Memetics LLC
- Job ID
- Information Technology
Please note: This postion is physically located in Butler, PA.
This entry-level position will provide technical support to users of computer software and hardware running the Windows®, Macintosh®, or Linux® operating system. He/She can be more effective in the workplace and enhance the customer service experience for all the users he supports if he/she has the ability to troubleshoot and repair problems via e-mail, phone, or in person. These individuals can solve both hardware and software problems, diagnose and resolve network connectivity problems, and help with product updates. This important support role demands knowledge that is current and applicable to the user's environment. The specialist has been put in place to be the first line of defense when problems arise that demand proper and professional levels of communication. Often, there is a need for a steady and patient teacher to navigate through a confusing and difficult software application. Usually, a desktop support specialist will be an expert in several software applications. Sometimes, when new applications are introduced, the user will need to be educated on its functionality and features. Becoming a teacher can be the most demanding but also the most rewarding part of this role. Along with being a guru and a great communicator, this characteristic helps to make an effective and valued team member.
The specialist will provide the following job functions under direction from a more senior specialist:
- Provide workstation, laptop, and printer hardware and software support/troubleshooting, imaging, and patching.
- Test and image desktops and laptops using Microsoft Operating System Deployment using the VA provided images.
- Maintain and troubleshoot software and computer peripherals.
- Set up and configure all workstation, laptop, and printer hardware according to VA standards and baselines.
- Ensure all open tickets requiring follow-up work and/or calls are resolved within 48 hours.
- Use Nessus, SCCM, SCOM, and SQL reports and product logs to locate workstations and servers that have inventory, deployment, patching or other issues, and then use provided scripts, tools, and vendor products to troubleshoot and resolve the issue and verify resolution.
- Build and deploy packages and maintain collections using SCCM.
- Provide specific vulnerability remediation support for all devices, including laptops, workstations, printers, and network devices (including mobile devices), based on the Regional Director’s priorities, and remediate 98 percent of vulnerabilities.
- Provide onsite or remote patch and vulnerability support using SSCM and other tools. This includes MS patching, Nessus scan remediation, unauthorized software remediation, baseline image deficiencies, etc. The Contractor support shall include:
- Analysis of Tenable Nessus scan results.
- Coordination with stakeholders as needed to remediate the user system or server.
- Troubleshoot any problems or issues that arise with Windows and Macintosh desktops/laptops from the network drop to the desktop/laptop, prioritizing systems infected with viruses.
- Troubleshoot any problems or issues that arise with Windows and Macintosh desktops/laptops from the network drop to the desktop/laptop prioritizing systems infected with viruses.
- Respond to alert notification or escalation of an issue from members of the VACO ITSS team, determine the probable cause of the issue, and take the appropriate intervention action(s) to restore the Windows and Macintosh desktop/laptop to operational status.
- Support the MAC operating system and various Apple tools and applications.
- Provide operating system updates for Windows and Macintosh desktops/laptops.
- Provide graphical user interface-level assistance with Mac OS X Server configuration and server administration
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related technological field (Eight (8) years of relevant technical experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree).
- Experience on a Help Desk, or desktop support function with demonstrated experience in patching is helpful.
- Experience must include:
- Experience maintaining patches on desktop computers with Microsoft or Apple operating environments
- Experience understanding security scan results and providing mitigations to findings.
- Experience providing helpdesk support.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, conducive to team development
- Ability to multitask in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Experience using the Nessus tool
- Expereince with Network Attached Storage
- Experience with network vulnerability testing
- US Citizenship is required. Selected applicants will be subject to a government investigation and must meet eligibility requirements and obtain Government-granted access.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- ITIL experience and certification