Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Store Associate/Stocker - 1707 - Now Starting at $9.50/HR
at Big Lots
As a Store Associate, you will play a key role in the success of the store through:
Performs general store operations duties as directed, including cashiering, truck unloading, stocking and merchandise recovery.
1. Greets customers and assists them as required to maintain the highest level of customer service.
2. Participates in: - freight flow process - merchandise presentation and recovery - cashiering including customer loyalty program - furniture department operations - carry-outs - cart retrieval.
3. Maintains appearance of the store's interior and exterior to company standards including light maintenance duties and cleaning.
4. Assists in control of shrink and safety results.
1. Prior retail experience preferred.
2. Previous experience operating a cash register preferred.
3. Mobility to move freely throughout sales floor and stockroom on a continual basis throughout the shift required. Ability to lift, carry, push and pull a minimum of 50 pounds required. Frequently required to stand for long periods of time, bend, stoop or kneel.
4. Basic English literacy and math skills required.
5. Strong customer service and communication skills required.
6. Ability to work within a flexible schedule preferred.