Blanchard Valley Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN ER - Lead
at Blanchard Valley Health System
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
To provide guidance and supervision to hospital personnel, while serving as hospital administration’s liaison in responding to requests/problems from associates, physicians, patients, visitors and other departments. Assists with assessing, planning, and evaluating care of patients in all age groups throughout the hospital.
JOB DUTIES/ RESPONSIBLITIES
Duty 1: Displays Service Excellence as evidenced by practicing the mission, vision and values of the organization to promote patient satisfaction.
Duty 2: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and hospital compliance.
Duty 3: Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients served.
Duty 4: Collaborates with physician regarding patient condition, orders, treatment plan, and anticipated needs to ensure exceptional patient care.
Duty 5: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in assessing patients and sets priorities, organizes work, and gives total patient care based on patient/departmental need.
Duty 6: Demonstrates ability to perform all emergency department procedures and can perform nursing tasks efficiently.
Duty 7: Acts as an administrative liaison between patient, family, physicians and ancillary departments, and during disasters or hospital wide emergency situations.
Duty 8: Coordinates after hours call-ins and staffing and is accountable for controlling hospital costs by assuring appropriate utilization of both human capital and durable medical supplies.
Duty 9: Keeps department Directors/Managers informed of facility activity, personnel problems and patient conditions as well as an
Duty 10: Effectively communicates with all departments, physicians and personnel to resolve situations effectively and efficiently.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing
- Current Ohio Nursing registration
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
- B.S./B.S.N. preferred
- Previous management and/or supervisory training or experience preferred
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting and standing.
This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)