Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Cengage Learning
- Requisition ID
Do you dare to reinvent the future of education?
At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals. As a Cengage employee, you will blaze a new trail to transform the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
Are we right for you?
We set the bar higher by bringing our unique talents and point of view to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, with everything we do, we put learning first.
What You'll Do Here:
The Financial Analyst performs daily/monthly tasks including reconciliations and reserve and account analysis, as well as ensures that month-end close is completed accurately and timely. Additional responsibilities include aiding in the development of new analyses, researching and resolving business unit issues and inquiries, providing support to our offshore Cost Accounting Team and other duties as necessary.
The ideal candidate possesses an Accounting/Finance background and will have experience with ERP systems and strong technical knowledge with tools such as Access, Excel, Showcase & Blackline (or other reconciliation tools). The candidate must also show a demonstrated ability for data analysis. This position requires a deadline-oriented person with a strong attention to detail who has a good understanding of accounting and reconciliation principles with a focus on inventory processes.
- Ensure accurate and timely month-end close; produce month-end financial reports and distribute to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Prepare, review and/or approve reconciliations.
- Prepare Obsolescence Reserve analysis.
- Report, analyze and interpret financial and operating data for management
- Ensure corporate reporting deadlines are met for designated reports and analyses
- Review financial data for accuracy, identifying problems and supporting day-to-day operations
- Assist in adoption of new accounting policies and processes such as inventory obsolescence reserves
- Weekly review and posting of Cost transactions such as receipts, adjustments, etc.
- Perform reconciliations and analysis of assigned balance sheet and P/L accounts between S/L to the G/L using tools such as Access, Excel, Showcase, Blackline.
- Support ERP inventory processes such as receiving, purchase order and work order setup, and transaction flow, to provide support to the group, internal & external customers, both local and international.
- Work with internal and external auditors
- Process & Policy improvement
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly Journal Entries.
- Perform Ad Hoc financial analysis and projects as requested by management.
Skills You Will Need Here:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and /or Finance, CPA Preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience is required, public accounting experience is a plus.
- Cost accounting experience preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in MS Office Suite.
- Experience with Showcase or other reporting and query tools.
- Experience with large data volume analysis.
- Strong experience with creating and maintaining advanced queries is preferred.
- Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Demonstrate understanding of assigned processes and ability to identify process improvements
- Experience in full cycle accounting / month end close process.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency in completing assignments.