Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Global Production Planner in Brecksville at Curtiss-Wright
at Curtiss-Wright Corporation
The Opportunity | Global Production Planner
The Global Production Planner is accountable for the achievement of the overall delivery performance, cost and inventory goals for the defined product family scope. In addition to planning and scheduling functions, this role is also responsible for leading, directing and coaching material replenishment buyers on a day-to-day basis. Tasks will be performed using standard ERP and Planning Software along with other systems and daily reports.
- Develop, manage and maintain the master production and daily schedule for the defined product family scope, across 4 global sites.
- Includes capacity planning on dedicated and shared assets to manage production and delivery across global sites with consideration of cost, delivery performance and inventory objectives.
- Includes long, intermediate and short-term plan maintenance horizon.
- Includes the release and sequencing of daily production schedule.
- Develop and maintain a "Plan-for-every-Part" (PFEP) and utilize ERP/Planning software to manage parameter settings enable the planning strategy and ensure continuous flow of materials. This includes defining push / pull strategies on items and materials.
- Develop and manage overall RM, WIP and FG inventory plans.
- Lead tier escalation / production schedule review meetings with the shop-floor, warehouse operations and buyers to address proactively address product availability issues.
- Lead, direct, and coach 2 to 3 Material Replenishment Buyers to ensure alignment with planned production schedules and resolve disconnects.
- Work with sales team to determine available to promise dates on 'short-to-lead-time' customer order requests.
- Work with planning manager to define, maintain and follow standard work for overall production and materials planning function.
- Lead the development and presentation of the monthly production, supply, and inventory plan for the assigned product scope in support of the Global S&OP / SIOP Process.
- Provide weekly reporting on KPIs and corrective actions.
- Support special projects / process improvement activities as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering or similar discipline.
- 4 years direct experience in production / capacity planning and scheduling. Expert level understanding of MRP in multi-site / multi-echelon supply chain structure.
- High-mix, low-volume / configure to order environment a plus.
- Additional 4 years working in related demand / supply planning function (forecasting / demand planning / materials planning and replenishment).
- Demonstrated experience with leading small teams, setting direction, providing training and holding people accountable.
- Demonstrated experience with process redesign and implementation of planning processes and systems.
- Experience in contributing to and supporting a formal SIOP / S&OP.
- Career-growth oriented.
- Experience with MRP, purchasing, and production planning systems such as Infor LN, SAP, JDA, etc.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated capability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Advanced Excel and data mining skills with ability to utilize these skills to quickly conduct ad-hoc analysis and automate routine tasks.
- Cross-functional leadership skills with ability to partner with cross-functional teams and global site resources to influence decision making and execution.
- Lifting 20lbs.
This position may require exposure to information that is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.