Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Technician (2nd Shift) in Brecksville at Curtiss-Wright
at Curtiss-Wright Corporation
The Opportunity | Maintenance Technician (2nd Shift)
This position will be a part of the team responsible for the maintenance and installation of all CNC machines (lathes and mills), auxiliary equipment, and facilities in our manufacturing plant.
- Machine & Equipment Maintenance
- Diagnose machine faults including mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and PLC controls.
- Ability to apply machining geometrics in order to troubleshoot CNC issues.
- Maintain all assembly, and testing equipment
- Disassemble, repair, and reassemble machinery.
- Work on overhead cranes, and lifting devices.
- Utilize blueprints, sketches, drawings, and machine manuals or instructions to complete tasks.
- Maintain facility boiler system
- Use a variety of machine measuring devices such as micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, etc.
- Facilities Maintenance
- Fabricate, erect, repair, and install material handling equipment.
- Support in heavy machine moves with rigging, and erection.
- Work with Low voltage DC to 440VAC 3-Phase.
- Diagnose faults in primary and secondary electrical circuits, electrical controls, power units, and make necessary repairs, replacements and adjustments.
- Install, and wire electrical service to machinery, lighting, and other equipment.
- Bend, hang, and install conduit
- Install and maintain piping (including air, water, and coolant/oil).
- Install, and maintain a variety of high pressure systems (100PSI -- 10,000PSI)
- Maintain and repair building and grounds including: painting, floor repair, bathrooms, windows and doors.
- Fluid management throughout building
- Maintaining an orderly work area and clean environment.
- Adhering to and promoting plant safety rules.
- High School graduate or GED.
- Minimum of 1-3 years plant, electrical and machine maintenance experience required.
- Experience with CNC machinery is required.
- Able to read and analyze blueprints (electrical/mechanical), and machine manuals.
- Use of precision measurement equipment and shop mathematics.
- Must be available to work Sunday-Thursday from 11:00pm-7:00am, OT as required.
- Powered Industrial Equipment operating experience.
- Able to use welding equipment (TIG/MIG/GAS).
- Knowledge of NEC-National Electrical Code.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements in a manufacturing environment.
- PC skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office products
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.