Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Buyer in Brecksville at Curtiss-Wright
at Curtiss-Wright Corporation
The Opportunity | Senior Buyer Analyst
The Senior Buyer Analyst will be Responsible for the purchasing and replenishment of materials to support the manufacturing and assembly operations in a multi-site environment. Tasks will be performed using Infor LN (ERP), SCM Planner and/or possible other systems and reports.
- Maintains item sourcing and ordering parameters to manage the flow of materials and components while optimizing on-time delivery, cost and inventory turns. Includes periodic review and adjustment of 'plan for every part' (PFEP) concept.
- Issues daily/weekly purchase orders with the suppliers based MRP signals and direction from production planning function.
- Manages the purchase order delivery date and price, working directly with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery.
- Analyzes and resolves material supply constraints, seeks alternatives when needed.
- Expedites orders with outside suppliers and internal machine cells, to ensure parts availability.
- Works with CWPay to reconcile the PO qty and price with supplier invoices.
- Works with cost accounting to determine the cause of purchase price variance and implements corrective actions to reduce PPV.
- Follows up on SCAR/IQS/RTV to resolve any supplier quality issues.
- Works with Strategic Sourcing function to ensure material replenishment / planning needs are aligned.
- May be involved with process improvements and/or other special projects when assigned.
- Career-growth oriented.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of MRP concepts and processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (verbal and writing).
- Experience with MRP, purchasing, and production planning systems such as Infor LN, SAP, JDA, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in business management, supply chain or similar discipline.
- 3+ years of purchasing and/or planning experience in a discrete manufacturing environment.
- Physical Requirements:
- Lifting 20lbs.
This position may require exposure to information that is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.