Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Purchasing Co-op (21208)
at Dana Corporation
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
Dana Incorporated is seeking to fill Purchasing Spring Co-op positions in their Maumee, OH Headquarters.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The main responsibility of this position will be to assist in the completion of many Purchasing projects. Other duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Involvement with buyers through all aspects of purchasing from data collection, preparing quote packages, quote analysis, technical reviews, and supplier selection.
• Support group with supplier ECR's, including entering and tracking of status.
• Use of multiple data-based systems to prepare supplier data and spend analysis reports.
• Coordinate with engineering, program management, and finance functions to communicate customer expectations to the purchasing team.
• Lead/Facilitate quote tracking meetings with commodity managers.
• Participate in supplier meetings/negotiations with buyers.
• Work closely with engineering on cost savings projects and supplier technical reviews.
• Interface both verbally and in written format with both external and internal customers and suppliers.
• Backup for the Purchasing Buyer/Sr. Buyer.
•Enrollment in a Supply Chain program.
•Proven work experience (not necessarily technical work experience).
•Computer proficiency in a Windows environment utilizing Microsoft Office.
•Must be capable of performing duties with limited supervision.
•Excellent interpersonal skills to permit effective interaction with all levels of Dana and external customers.
•Self-directed and motivated individual with excellent organizational skills and accepts responsibility.
•Gain valuable work experience
•Opportunity for long term growth
By applying for this requisition, you are allowing Dana to consider you for all currently available co-op openings in Purchasing for the Spring 2019 term.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.