Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Camp Coordinator/Assistant Principal
at Enchanted Care
Under the direction of and in collaboration with the school Principal(s) and Executive Director and Regional Camp and Ancillary Director, provide leadership to all areas of Camp including summer, winter, and spring camps, as well as ancillary programs and extended care before and after the camp day.
- Assists in the Hiring, supervising, and training staff.
- Works with the Principal to establish standardized training for all camp staff.
- Assists the Principal in ensuring that policies, procedures and standards are updated and that all staff members abide by them as written.
- Participates in conducting oral and written staff evaluations when necessary.
- Provides leadership, as directed by the principal, to all functions of the camp program.
- Participates in the planning of overall camp program.
- Develops, coordinates, promotes and schedules camps to meet the changing trends and the needs of each community, in conjunction with the Principal.
- Fosters business relationships with local companies to develop new partnerships with the day camp programs.
- Adheres to the Company’s risk management plans for the camp at all times.
- Expands camp program to service children outside our school community.
- At the direction of the Principal / Assistant Principal, coordinates resolution of minor behavioral problems as needed.
- Maintains and sets up files for office of all enrolled campers and counselors.
- Places supply orders within budget for camp/staff as needed, after approval by the Principal or AP.
- Tracks or records all other activities that take place at camp (i.e. Specialty camps).
- Prints attendance sheets, classroom lists, etc. For teachers as needed.
- Maintains sign-in/sign-out sheets as needed.
- Participates in the creation and implementation of comprehensive marketing plan.
- Maintains proactive and positive relationships with parents and prospective parents.
- Answers inquiries (in-person, via email or via phone) in a timely fashion according to SEG Parent Centered Sales Approach (PCSA). Schedules and assists with tours as required using SEG PCSA program techniques. Mails camp information packets to parents making inquiries.
- Participates in local opportunities to establish positive SEG presence in the community.
- Effectively utilizes e-notify for parent communications and alerts as required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma required; Associate's degree preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years experience with youth programs including program design and development, program management, & fiscal management.
- Minimum two (2) years coordinating/supervising, hiring, evaluating and motivating staff and volunteers.
- Knowledge of principles, techniques, goals and objectives of youth or camp programs.
- Experienced in sales and/or marketing of programs.
- Exhibits interpersonal skills for creating productive working relationships with various stakeholders including parents, teachers, other staff and the local community.
- Demonstrates ability to manage conflict in the workplace and school setting by effectively applying conflict resolution strategies and confronting issues as they arise.
- Presents ideas clearly and concisely.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, email and the Internet.
- Must be able to do basic math.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.*