Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Financial Analyst
at ENDEVIS Recruiting
endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today's highly competitive market. Apply today!
This position is responsible for assisting the corporate accounting team with US GAAP accounting matters within the Corporate Accounting group including consolidation of global financials, internal reporting preparation and technical accounting areas such as restructuring and stock based compensation. This position will also be involved in the preparation of sec filings including 10Q and 10K including preparations of roll forwards. The primary responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Period end Close Process
- Responsible for a number of standard journal entries on a monthly basis including precious metal accounting as well as intercompany transactions.
- Responsible for recurring technical accounting entries such as stock based compensation and restructuring.
- Assisting the consolidation team with monthly close process through communicating with global team members on issues impacting their ability to report.
- Responsible for technical analysis of foreign currency transactions and their related P&L impacts
- Responsible for analytical analysis of foreign locations results based on expectations as well working with the assistant controller on additional questions regarding international results.
- Work with cross functional groups including Tax and FP&A on monthly reporting needs.
- Accounting Research and Financial Reporting
- Assist with the compilation of SEC filings including 8-Ks, 10Q's and 10K.
- Responsible for preparation of footnote disclosures related to the technical areas assigned.
- Assist with annual goodwill and other asset impairment analyses.
- Assist with technical accounting such as purchase price analysis and other acquisition related accounting issues.
- Special Project and Process Owner
- Assist with the management of outsourced accounting and finance operations in order to facilitate process efficiency through on-going and new efforts.
- Assist with the evaluation and documentation of the internal control environment, including working with internal and external auditors related to Sarbanes-Oxley controls and documentation.
- Participate in special projects requiring Corporate Accounting assistance, as necessary.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS in Finance, Accounting or other business discipline;
- 5-8 years of progressively responsible positions in accounting and related fields. Thorough knowledge of GAAP.
- Understanding of the principles and issues related to cross-divisional and corporate-wide systems in the consolidation of global business results.
- Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley controls environment. Experience with a multi-national, multi-facility publicly-held firm required. Experience with established financial reporting systems and their capabilities.
Highly effective oral and written capabilities. Must be able to prepare and deliver professional presentations with clarity. Must be able to work and collaborate across functions, cultures and up and down the organizational hierarchy.
- Excellent analytical and planning skills and experience with financial statements and the interpretation of performance to plan issues. Anticipate monthly close issues and coordinate with local and corporate accounting personal
- Strong PC skills and experience with financial modeling and spreadsheet excellence.
- Ability to grasp operating concepts of multi-business, multi-national organizations.
- Corporate Controller
- Senior Manager, Financial Reporting
- Chief Risk Officer
- Regional Controllers
- Treasurer and Director of Investor Relations
- External and Internal Auditors
- Director of Tax
- Director of Financial Planning and Analysis
INTERPERSONAL AND LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
- Sound judgment and utmost integrity in analyzing financial alternatives from both a quantitative and qualitative perspective.
- Demonstrated leadership of human resources, including the ability to coach, but make and implement difficult decisions.
- Demonstrates understanding of interdependencies between and how to maximize synergies between own organization and other businesses and functions. Builds and maintains relationships with key employees and stakeholders.
- Must possess the personal characteristics of high energy, self-control, self-confidence, resilience and objectivity.
- Must be able to maintain effectiveness in stressful situations and possess the ability to calm others.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in various office environments using desktop computer or potentially a portable computer (8-12 lbs.) and under 10% domestic travel by air or auto is required.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Motivating and engaging talent on all levels ...
endevis is evolving...
as a national provider of talent acquisition consulting services.
Our growth has stemmed from our approach and our ability to focus on our client’s needs. We start from the beginning in understanding their culture, the problem they are trying to fix or improve, and then offering a solution that meets their needs and exceeds their expectations.
We understand that each client we service is different, each opportunity or project we undertake is unique. Our client’s investment into each of their projects differ as well. We will not take a “standard” approach to our delivery. We believe our consultative approach is what our client’s value in working with endevis. We are able to be creative and flexible within our solutions and ensure we deliver the most comprehensive and effective solutions.
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.