Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Tax Analyst – Income Tax
at ENDEVIS Recruiting
endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today's highly competitive market. Apply today!
The Senior Tax Analyst - Income Taxes is responsible for researching and analyzing tax issues relative to the various taxing authorities, preparing federal, international, and state and local income taxes, and coordinating and working with various taxing authority agents during examinations for the company and its subsidiaries. The Analyst must control and maintain the deferred tax accounts and assist with tax provision work. These responsibilities include preparing some of the provision work as well as supervising and training the tax analysts in their preparation of the tax provision, successfully utilizing both external compliance software and internal general ledger programs and contributing to the overall development of the department through process improvement and best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation and review of the federal, international, and state and local income tax returns:
- Participate in the preparation of the consolidated federal income tax return, international tax returns\disclosures and state and local income/franchise tax returns including all necessary supporting documentation
- Participate in the review of the Tax Analyst's work on the consolidated federal income tax return, international tax returns\disclosures and state and local income/franchise tax returns including all necessary supporting documentation
- Participate in the preparation and review of the quarterly federal and state and local tax estimates
- Utilize tax compliance software and general ledger systems to increase department efficiency and accuracy including training others in the use of these systems
- Communicate effectively with other associates in the company to gather the information necessary to file accurate tax returns on a timely basis
- Preparation and review of the deferred and current taxes, both at year end and periodically during the year:
- Participate in the preparation of the deferred and current tax provisions including any associated journal entries
- Participate in the review of the Tax Analyst's work on the deferred and current tax provisions including any associated journal entries
- Work with the Tax Analyst on the monthly reconciliation of the tax-related balance sheet accounts
- Assist with taxing authority examinations:
- Interact directly with federal and state and local tax auditors
- Compile required documentation, respond to inquiries, and participate in negotiations to resolve controversies for the benefit of the Company
- Draft tax protests and assist in representing the Company in the settlement of audits
- Train and develop Tax Analysts
- Assist associates in fulfilling compliance requirements and understanding applicable tax statutes, regulations and legislative histories
- Train staff on new tax processes, procedures and issues
- Keep abreast of current tax developments:
- Research and analyze tax issues related to the Company
- Interpret new tax laws, regulations and court cases to determine the impact on the Company's operations
- Identify tax planning opportunities
- Complete other projects as required
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experiences, knowledge, skills, and abilities need for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Bachelor's Degree; Accounting/Finance major preferred
- Master's Degree preferred
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred
Required Length & Type of Experience:
- 3-7 years of experience preparing income tax returns of all types for a mid to large corporation or for a public accounting firm.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to problem solve and work independently. Supervision skills to assist with the development and growth of the Tax Analyst.
- Knowledge of highly technical tax issues.
- Ability to utilize various tax compliance and research software.
- Ability to work as a team and interact with third party consultants.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Motivating and engaging talent on all levels ...
endevis is evolving...
as a national provider of talent acquisition consulting services.
Our growth has stemmed from our approach and our ability to focus on our client’s needs. We start from the beginning in understanding their culture, the problem they are trying to fix or improve, and then offering a solution that meets their needs and exceeds their expectations.
We understand that each client we service is different, each opportunity or project we undertake is unique. Our client’s investment into each of their projects differ as well. We will not take a “standard” approach to our delivery. We believe our consultative approach is what our client’s value in working with endevis. We are able to be creative and flexible within our solutions and ensure we deliver the most comprehensive and effective solutions.
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.