Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. DevOps Web Engineer
at ENDEVIS Recruiting
endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today's highly competitive market. Apply today!
The Senior DevOps Web Engineer is part of the Database and Middleware Delivery (DMW) team responsible for platform delivery including design, installation, configuration and support. Platform responsibilities includes web servers, application servers, portals, directory servers, and single-sign-on servers. The role will have a blend of administration, automation and programming. This position will work closely with IT team members, software developers, business users, and other technology stakeholders to provide automation, push button deployments and continuous delivery for our custom developed and internally managed software applications. Also, this role includes automated platform delivery for vendor products.
Role is open to remote work.
Strategy & Planning
• Deploy and maintain applications using configuration management tools like Chef/Ansible/Puppet.
• Establish platform high availability at all infrastructure layers of the stack.
• Strategize and plan for effective monitoring and logging platforms.
• Participate in the solution design of applications deployed in virtual environments.
• Ensure security compliance and security best practices of corporate security team.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Provide technical specifications for enterprise application deployments, ensuring the optimal utilization of the infrastructure.
• Review project requests describing infrastructure needs to estimate time and effort involved to successfully accomplish a project.
• Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
• Participate in solution design, configuration, operation and maintenance in support of secure and scalable enterprise applications.
• Implement consistent build and deployment process across different layers of the application environment.
• Develop and maintain using configuration management tools like Chef/Ansible/Puppet.
• Identify and automate repetitive tasks to ensure consistent deliverables.
• Provide comprehensive documentation for tasks performed and conduct Knowledge transfer sessions to team members.
• Collaborate with internal and external customers for project and support needs.
• Provide regular, clear, and consistent communication (written and oral) on the status of projects, issues, and deliverables to representatives from the customer/vendor.
• Maintain current knowledge of the technology workspace in terms of current state, future possibilities, forthcoming technologies, and their relevance and impact.
• Engage in Proof-of-Value scoping in the evaluation of new technologies and present findings to Management.
• Assist with various projects as may be required to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Minimal travel as required.
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hours workday as required.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• 5+ years IT experience
• 2+ years experience managing web-based application platforms (web servers and application servers) and related integrations.
• 2+ years of experience with automation and orchestration tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Ruby, Python or Shell scripting
• 2+ years of experience with DevOps and automation of deploying applications.
• 2+ years of experience with continuous integration and version control tools (GIT, Jenkins etc...)
• Experience in container technology such as Docker etc.
• Experience in developing documentation and presenting technical solutions to all levels of management and technical teams.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
• Configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
• Container management and deployment (Docker)
• Automation and Deployment tools (Jenkins, GIT)
• WebLogic Application Server
• Experience in one or more of the following technologies: Oracle SOA / OSB, Oracle WebCenter Sites, Oracle WebCenter Portal, Oracle Traffic Director (OTD)
• Strong and comprehensive verbal and written communications.
• Responsive and alert to new learning opportunities, growth and development of technical, interpersonal and business skills; able to recognize and address areas needing improvement.
• Motivated and competent to contribute appropriate time and effort to work needing attention.
• Attentive to detail with focus on accurate and timely results.
• Organized and able to prioritize tasks, responding effectively to competing needs.
• Attentive and reactive to customer needs and concerns.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Able to contribute to team effort and individual achievement.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Motivating and engaging talent on all levels ...
endevis is evolving...
as a national provider of talent acquisition consulting services.
Our growth has stemmed from our approach and our ability to focus on our client’s needs. We start from the beginning in understanding their culture, the problem they are trying to fix or improve, and then offering a solution that meets their needs and exceeds their expectations.
We understand that each client we service is different, each opportunity or project we undertake is unique. Our client’s investment into each of their projects differ as well. We will not take a “standard” approach to our delivery. We believe our consultative approach is what our client’s value in working with endevis. We are able to be creative and flexible within our solutions and ensure we deliver the most comprehensive and effective solutions.
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.