Evenflo Co Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Logistics & Distribution
at Evenflo Co Inc
Evenflo Company Inc.
Job Title: Manager,Logistics and Distribution
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pay Type: Salary
Reports to: Director of Supply Chain Planning
Job Type: Individual Contributor
Type of Travel: Both Domestic and International
Expected percent of time traveling: 10%
The Manager of Global Logistics and Distribution is responsible to execute the strategic plan for the global logistics and the distribution center in support of Evenflo's business requirements and to ensure operational execution of logistics functions that support daily needs of the business.
The Manager of Global Logistics and Distribution has the following key objectives:
1. Manage freight and distribution budget forecast to actual spend.
2. Minimize controllable delays to movement of shipments.
3. Cost Savings/avoidance
4. Communicate accurate status information for international shipments, while managing the expectations of internal
5. Complete project deliverables on time and within scope.
§ Support internal teams with strategic planning and operational execution within area of responsibility.
§ Negotiate directly with suppliers and customers on logistics costs and processes issues.
§ Establish annual freight standards, to the SKU level, and all department budgets.
§ Continuous improvement projects - develop scope, obtain approval, lead or assign, create project priorities, and ensure timely completion of projects.
§ Provide guidance and developmental opportunities for the staff and perform annual performance reviews.
§ Manage logistic service providers that include less than truckload, truckload, ocean, air, parcel, freight forwarder, customs brokerage, Canadian 3PL.
§ Perform provider RFQs for all modes, use internally developed Evenflo Standard Logistic Agreement as a basis for negotiations.
§ Create routing guides that optimize economic service performance across all modes and with specific providers within a mode.
§ Manage global customs compliance, product classification, other government agency classifications, NAFTA certifications and duty drawback.
§ Ensure invoices are audited and paid accurately and timely per agreement. Manage freight audit and payment provider(s).
§ Provide DC with strategic and operational direction to improve quality, reduce cost or time to receive and ship customer orders.
§ Ensure DC ships orders per customer requirements.
§ Review and update shipping locations with customer routing guide changes.
§ Support international customer service groups sales to international customer base, work with sales.
BS degree required a minimum of 3-5 years of job related experience in Supply Chain.
Preferred 5-7 years of job related experience. Preferred rate negotiations and contracts, supervision experience, and project leader.
Required Technical Competencies
· Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
· Motivating Others
· Strategic Agility
· Developing Direct Reports and Others
· Building Effective Teams
· Computer Skills
o Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
o Experience with an MRP System (BAAN preferred)
o Internet based tracking systems
· Project Management Skills
· Negotiation Skills
· Experience in all modes of transportation i.e. ship, air, LTL, FTL
· Experience in warehouse/DC management
· Direct import expertise
· Analytical Problem solving Skills
o Makes fact based decision and is analytical with the data.
Required Behavioral Competencies
· Personal Leadership – Leads by envisioning the future, engaging others, energizing people and enabling self and others to develop and execute plans to deliver strategy.
· Adaptability – Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures.
· Aligns Performance for Success – Focuses and guides others in accomplishing work objectives.
· Builds a Successful Team –Uses appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team; facilitates the completion of work goals.
· Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues; problems and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
· Planning and Organizing – Establishes course of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
· Tenacity – Stays with a position or plan of action until the desired objective is obtained or is no longer reasonably attainable.
JD: EEO-M/F/DISABLED/VETS Employer