Evenflo Co Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Evenflo Co Inc
Evenflo Company Inc. Job Profile
Job Title –Quality Engineer
General Responsibilities: The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for managing product quality in all phases of the product life cycle (pre-launch, launch, MFG), in all phases of the business (corporate. Operations, suppliers) through the execution of the Quality Management System (QMS).
Examples of Typical Activities:
•Manage the achievement of Brand expectations by providing support, guidance, leadership and expertise to support functions (e.g. AQT, MFG, ENG, Purchasing, Project Management) and suppliers
•Comply with all Quality Management System standards/deliverables
•Develop a robust QR through utilization of global compliance standards, identification of QR requirements not related to compliance (ref. gold/silver/bronze brand strategy) and documentation of all applicable requirements in the standard template •Optimize design by leading cross-functional completion of the DFMEA (failure mode identification, detection strategy, Design for Manufacturing, KPC identification)
•Optimize process by leading cross-functional completion of the flow, PFMEA, control plan (process control strategy, error proofing, jigs/fixtures, KCC identification)
•Validate that the product design and MFG process achieve QR requirements [by evaluating all issues identified during pilot runs, ensuring all critical issues are resolved prior to PP, ensuring all MFG process documentation is adequate, ensuring all test results are complete/passing, ensuring that a representative sample has been reviewed/approved by a cross-functional team and providing an authorization for production start]
•Determine testing, process control impact of all ECR/ECN’s; execute/validate all ECR/ECN’s in accordance with this determination, in compliance with the established EC process
•Conduct on-site Supplier Quality Audits (SQA); provide oversight, ensure GSM compliance for SQA’s performed by the AQT
•Prioritize and control quality issues; provide updates as appropriate/requested (e.g. PDR, Management Review).
•Analyze customer (ref. subcommittee), supplier and internal data; identify issues and trends and refer to CAPA process
•Drive effective corrective action by leading 5-Why, CAPA and/or 8D processes
•Provide relevant metrics in all phases of the product life cycle (pre-launch, launch, MFG), in all phases of the business (corporate. Operations, suppliers)
Required Experience BS Degree in technical field required; 2-5 years of experience in quality. Preferred experience with Juvenile products.
Required Technical Competencies
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Project Management Skills – ability to follow project plans and meet key milestones on time
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Knowledge of manufacturing: injection molding and plastics •Understanding of and experience with Quality Disciplines - ISO 9000 knowledge and experience (Procedures and Work Instructions)
- Quality Planning (FMEAS, Control Plans)
- Effective Corrective Action (5-Why); exposure to Six Sigma, Shainin preferred
- Effective Prints and Specifications preferred Required Behavioral Competencies
- Personal Leadership – Leads by envisioning the future, engaging others, energizing people and enabling self and others to develop and execute plans to deliver strategy.
- Aligning Performance for Success – Focuses and guides others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Building Partnerships- Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, teams, departments, units or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Customer Focus – Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
- Information Monitoring- Sets up ongoing procedures to collect and review information needed to manage an organization or ongoing activities within it. •Initiates Action – Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
- Strategic Decision Making- Obtains information and identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; commits to a course of action to accomplish a long0range goal or vision after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, available resources, constraints and organizational value.