Evenflo Co Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Evenflo Co Inc
Reports To: System Engineering Manager
Plan, implement, oversee and maintain server and network infrastructures and related projects. Responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, and supporting company computer systems.
- Design, install and configure internal and customer facing servers, network devices.
- Proactively manage and maintain server, network and related security systems.
- Administer and support core Microsoft, Cisco, and VMware technologies.
- Administer servers, desktop/laptop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring.
- Monitor datacenter health using automated management tools and respond to hardware and performance issues as they arise.
- Maintain internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates; support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments.
- Interact with the Service Desk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identifying root cause and provide technical support when needed. Troubleshoot problems reported by users.
- Perform routine/scheduled audits of the systems, including validation of backups and logs.
- Assist with hardware, firewall, telecom and software vendor evaluation, recommendation and negotiations.
- Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies or critical Service Desk requests. Planned after hours maintenance windows for updating and patching business critical systems.
- Make recommendations for future upgrades.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Partner with internal and external partners to communicate project status, activities, and achievements.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related area) preferred. Equivalent work experience may be considered.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar System Administrator position.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server and Windows 10.
- Experience managing software deployments and imaging using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
- Experience with VMware virtualization in a multi host environment utilizing advanced vCenter functions.
- Experience working in Microsoft environment utilizing Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, user permissions, DFS, ADFS, and DirectAccess.
- Experience administering Office365 environments
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Must be organized and able to manage projects of varying length
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
- Must be a team player
- Experience with Commvault Backup
- Experience with HP 3PAR and EVA Fiber Channel Storage Systems
- macOS and macOS server experience
Builds Strategic Working Relationships – Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
Continuous Learning – Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
Contributes to Team Success – Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
Customer Focus – Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
Manages Work – Effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Work Standards – Sets high standards of performance for self and others’ assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self imposes standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.