Evenflo Co Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Evenflo Co Inc
The Test Technician is responsible for testing on Evenflo products and confirming that testing meets internal, external and government regulated test requirements. The Test Technician is responsible for:
· Perform tests in a repeatable and consistent manner.
· Provide factual data regarding test results.
· Form working relationships with people on the team.
Examples of Typical Activities
· Communicate test results
· Set up testing procedures
· Document test procedures and results
· Test lab experience preferred
· Crash testing experience preferred
Required Technical Competencies
· Prefer an Associates Degree in a technical discipline.
· Computer literate - proficient in Word, Excel, Internet research
· Experience with electronics and data acquisition systems
· Must be able to read, understand and execute testing requirements (internal, JPMA, ASTM, FMVSS, CMVSS specifications) and blue prints.
· Required to lift 50lbs on a regular basis and 100lbs intermittently. No physical restrictions for lifting, climbing, etc.
· Mechanical Aptitude – Demonstrated interest and aptitude for mechanical things.
o Ability to work with hands
o Ability to fixture and set up tests
· Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
· Basic Math Skills
· Knowledge of blueprints
· Measuring instruments or machines helpful
o Calipers, micrometers, height gauges,
· Flexibility to work long hours as required to meet testing schedules
Required Behavioral Competencies
· Applied Learning – Assimilates and applies new job-related information in a timely manner.
· Builds Strategic Working Relationships – Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
· Work Standards – Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self imposes standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
· Stress Tolerance – Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition; handles stress in a manner that is acceptable to the organization.
· Energy – Consistently maintains high levels of activity or productivity; sustains long working hours when necessary; operates with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over long periods of time.
· Quality Orientation – Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; shows concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checks processes and tasks; is watchful over a period of time.
· Multi-tasking – Able to balance several tasks and projects at one time