Freedom Financial Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Manager Corporate Affairs
at Freedom Financial Network
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
We have been presented with a unique opportunity to fundamentally change the way key policymakers, regulators, legislators, influencers, and strategic partners think about debt settlement as a solution for everyday Americans. In today’s climate, we need to elevate and differentiate Freedom Debt Relief to solidify its market-leading position as a meaningful and necessary solution for financially-distressed consumers.
The Sr. Manager, Corporate Affairs will help define the long-term corporate and government affairs strategy and drive messaging definition and execution across channels of strategy:
- Partner with Strategic Communications, Government Affairs, Strategic Partnership team and executive leadership to communicate and consistently execute the strategy.
- Gather external insights from legislators, consumer groups and synthesize to inform the strategy and positioning.
- Owns the execution of channels to effectively reach the target audience
- Manage key initiatives -- drive content development, communicate and manage to cross-functional deadlines, and deliver on commitments.
- Work with multiple stakeholders across the organization to support key Freedom Financial Network objectives -- by leveraging, shaping and better articulating the brand, our message and our story across all channels and projects.
- Act as the catalyst and driving force in bringing stakeholders together in developing the messaging playbook; including content, the messaging matrix, presentation development, consumer group engagement, events and influencer programs and move decisions into defining action plans.
- Advise on the creation of public facing influence initiatives and activities that advance the aims and objectives of the Public Policy team.
- Develop, execute, manage and report on paid media strategies that support public policy goals.
- Manage external agencies to develop new channels, including digital channels, to distribute messaging and ensure accurate targeting of key audiences.
- Liaison with the internal communications manager to create consistent messaging for relevant business functions and employees.
- Drive external insights and measurement of impact of our programs, specifically related to:
- Supporting and/or leading research and insights specific to the Hearts & Minds audiences and activities.
- Be the FFN liaison between industry activities and efforts related to key pillars of H&M (i.e., influencer programs / content from key opposition groups, new program features from AFCC members, creditor innovations around debt-burdened / distressed customers, etc).
- Guide reporting and deliver a comprehensive measuring structure to determine the impact of H&M initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have a breadth of experience across communications, policy and advocacy program development and execution, and project / program management. Ideally, this person will understand modern approaches to message testing, outreach, and have the experience that helps us deliver an impactful program at scale. In addition, this person will have experience in consumer financial services and understand the “everyday American” target audience.
7+ years of experience in communications, government affairs, public policy, campaigns, political action committees, advocacy, or related areas.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.