General Dynamics Mission Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Oracle Cloud Accounting Analyst
at General Dynamics Mission Systems
- Job Location
- Required Clearance
- No clearance
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Hiring Company
- General Dynamics Mission Systems
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business equivalent is required plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree. Certified Public Accountant designation is desired.
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for an Accounting Analyst to support a newly deployed Oracle Cloud ERP application. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation’s fundamental defense services as well as commercial applications. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Supports accounting in one of the following areas: General Ledger, Accounts Receivable/Cash Application, Accounts Payable, Revenue Recognition, Fixed Assets, Customer Billing, Travel and Expense Management, Tax, Treasury or Financial Systems
- Develops, implements and/or maintains one or more accounting systems Journal entries, General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, Revenue Reconciliation, etc.
- Reviews and interprets financial reporting requirements, rules and regulations
- Balances books and prepares profit and loss, cash flow, income and balance sheet statements
- Monitors and develops monthly reports of revenues and expenditures for legal entities
- Provides record of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions
- May prepare federal, state and local reports and tax returns
- May assist in the setup of processes and procedures that properly capture, track and report revenue, including deferred revenue, in accordance with the company revenue recognition policy
- May generate revenue reports for internal and/or external use
- May interpret reports and records for managers/stakeholders
- May be involved in reviewing, tracking and maintaining billing information in the financial systems, ensuring accuracy and compliance with U.S. GAAP and other accounting regulations
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Solid knowledge of accounting practices including US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Solid knowledge of financial report preparation
- Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments
- Solid knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act preferred
- Solid financial analysis skills including ability to analyze data and reconcile financial accounts
- Solid computer skills including knowledge of accounting software applications such as MS Excel, Hyperion Essbase, Oracle
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Time-management skills
- Ability to collaborate with others effectively
- Grasps and applies new information quickly
- Handles moderately complex assignments and multiple projects at once
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran