General Dynamics Mission Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Oracle Cloud Cash Accounting Manager
at General Dynamics Mission Systems
- Job Location
- Required Clearance
- No clearance
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Hiring Company
- General Dynamics Mission Systems
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience to meet managerial expectations. Experience in a government contracting environment is strongly preferred. Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation is preferred.
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for an Accounting Manager to support a newly deployed Oracle Cloud ERP application. The Cash Manager will have primary responsibilities over Billing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Collections. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation’s fundamental defense services as well as commercial applications. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Manages the development, implementation and/or maintenance of one or more accounting systems Journal entries, General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, Revenue Reconciliation, Cash Flows, etc. in accordance with GAAP policies and procedures
- Designs operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve efficiency
- Ensures integration of data produced into systems and supports objectives of financial analysts
- Ensures the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data and revenue
- Participates in annual audits and special projects
- May work with external consultants or auditors to provide required information and ensure proper recordkeeping for historical purposes
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
- Manages one of the following Accounting areas: General Ledger, Accounts Receivable/Cash Application, Accounts Payable, Revenue Recognition, Fixed Assets, Customer Billing, Travel and Expense Management, Tax, Treasury or Financial Systems
- Interprets data, prepares and analyzes reports
- Recommends and implements process recommendations
- Expected to manage work, set objectives and meet commitments for self and others
- Delegates assignments to others for developing solutions
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Oracle EBS or Oracle Cloud Experience required
- Travel required 10% of the time
- Extensive knowledge of financial report preparation
- Extensive interpersonal skills and ability to effectively guide employees and support development of problem solving skills
- Ability to perform analysis of issues of high complexity by reviewing a variety of known factors
- Proven ability to meet business expectations and supervise people
- Extensive knowledge of accounting practices including US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Sarbanes-Oxley Act preferred.
- Extensive financial analysis skills including ability to analyze data and reconcile financial accounts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Time-management skills
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action
- Works on issues where analysis of situation or data requires review of relevant factors
- Ability to collaborate with others effectively
- Grasps and applies new information quickly
- Handles highly complex assignments and multiple projects at once
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, manage and retain people
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran