Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Gleason Corporation
Design and develop standard and customized software solutions for Gleason Metrology Systems. Test, install and ensure documentation is correct for software programs. Support applications engineering during customer demonstrations and buyoffs. Troubleshoot customer problems reported from the field in a timely manner. Responsible for participating in project engineering teams to complete above duties. Job requires up to 5% travel (both foreign and domestic, often on short notice) to meet customers and resolve problems onsite.
Analyze requirements, design, code, test and document software programs to fulfill the objectives of assigned projects using standard methods and procedures.
• Implement software solutions utilizing Microsoft technologies including VB.NET or C#, SQL server, and XSLT for graphics applications. • Perform installation and testing of software releases on machine and offline workstations. Document and resolve issues found during testing.
• Provide technical assistance to project team and service for software issues related to Windows OS (Win 7 and Win 10), SQL server and security (Antivirus) software.
• Develop applications with a focus on Gear Metrology, CMM and/ or GD&T capabilities. This includes Graphical User Interface, Database integration, implementing algorithms and interfacing with the controller software.
• Provide necessary software support to all assigned products. Requests may come from management, service, applications, sales or directly from customers and may demand appearance at a customer's site to resolve any software related issues.
• Apply agile software development tools including automated unit testing, source documentation generator, and source version control techniques.
• Analyze, determine root cause and come up with robust solutions to complex multi-disciplinary technical problems.
• Review manuals as part of the software development/modification process.
• Associates degree in related field with 4-5 years of work experience is required.
• A Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science with 2+ years experience is preferred.
• Strong Object-oriented programming skills, debugging techniques, and mathematical analysis of technical problems is needed.
• The ability to quickly learn business, manage end-user expectations and effectively manage time and resources to meet project deadlines.
• Strong skills in applied mathematics and algorithm development are desirable.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in software development using .Net and SQL server programming is required.
• Able to perform full life cycle applications development, enhancement, and maintenance assignments.
• Experience with Windows troubleshooting, IT issue resolution is desirable.
• Exposure to manufacturing, inspection, quality control and statistical process control is valuable.