Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Billing Support / Loss Reporting Hybrid Representative
at Grange Insurance
This is a Full-time Position - Monday - Friday from 9:30am-6pm. Will need to work rotating Saturday’s (8 a.m. - noon) and some Holiday’s.
Experienced Call Center Representatives have work from home options once fully trained.
We are recruiting talented, self-motivated, high-energy professionals who want to be part of a team committed to providing excellent customer service. We offer a diverse work environment, continuous learning, and several career path options. The ideal candidate will have prior customer service experience, computer literacy, excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a fast paced, call center environment. The Billing Support / Loss Reporting Hybrid is responsible for providing excellent customer service for internal and external customers by using in-depth knowledge of company products and programs as well as communicating effectively with team members within the Customer Care Center.
1. Provide first level claim and billing support by answering incoming calls from agents, insureds or claimants.
2. Independently enter and process all automobile, homeowner and workers’ compensation losses obtained via telephone or fax into the Claims database and refer customers to body shops, emergency repair services, and set up vehicle rentals as needed.
3. Process routine transactions, requests or changes to a customer's billing file and respond to policy inquiries. Maintain appropriate customer information and service history.
4. Respond professionally and effectively via email and/or mail to customers regarding requests or changes to a customer’s billing file and responding to policy inquiries.
5. Interact with internal and external customers, including agents, providing professional, reliable and prompt service.
6. Contribute to training and reference material and share responsibility of training newly hired associates.
7. Participate in activities and meetings in support of Job Shadowing, Operational Excellence, new product releases, and agent/executive visits to listen to phone calls.
8. Be available to accurately answer questions and handle issues from team members and other department staff if supervisor/manager is not available.
9. Assist with other projects and perform other duties as assigned.
There may be functions (essential or marginal) of this position not listed in this description.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum 1 year previous customer service experience required.
• Strong analytical and basic mathematical skills.
• Proficiency with computers in order to access information from various programs.
• Multi-tasking ability to satisfy customer requests on the phone while navigating through multiple computer applications.
• Data entry experience is desired with a minimum of 25 WPM.
• Ability to work irregular hours, including weekends and holidays, based on workload and job requirements.
• Have the ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing in order to effectively resolve difficult calls and handle customer inquiries.
• Possess “thick skin” to handle complaints and customers who may be frustrated, confused, or upset.
• Enjoy talking with and assisting customers over the telephone throughout the entire work day.
• Be able to work in a very structured work environment while adhering to assigned work schedules and breaks and demonstrate reliable attendance.
• Work successfully in an environment in which quality monitoring and feedback from your manager occurs regularly.
• Maintain a high level of professionalism, excellent work ethic and personal accountability to reach and exceed our goals.