Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Manager- National Accounts
at Grange Insurance
Manage profit and growth goals for National Accounts and Partnerships. Provide product mgmt analysis of competitor filings, earnings report to support Grange Product strategy & tactics.
- With full accountability for product profit and growth, develop and implement business plans to maximize Personal Lines profit and growth in assigned state(s).
- Provide cross functional leadership with supporting departments (sales, marketing, claims and IT) to achieve desired business results.
- Work with Product and Underwriting Leaders to develop and implement business strategy including but not limited to: product development, pricing, underwriting guidelines, portfolio mix planning, and expense control including commissions and fee generation, and catastrophe mitigation efforts.
- Lead the rate review process demonstrating superior judgment in all phases of the process. Prepare rate proposals and present them to management.
- Implement product/price changes providing details of all aspects of the change to the business analyst. Make necessary form changes and be the product expert and go to person for other departments as they work on the product change. File changes with the department of insurance anticipating potential questions from the department and providing adequate information with the initial filing.
- Coordinate implementation of product/pricing changes with other departments or groups as necessary developing both internal and external communications.
- Develop and maintain the necessary computer applications (spreadsheets, etc.) required in the rate making process.
- Conduct in-depth research and analysis, making creative recommendations based on the analysis.
- Measure the expected results and actual results of rate and non-rate changes.
- Monitor the mix of business in assigned state(s), identifying changes in the mix and reasons for those changes.
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge and understanding of our products and their relationship to those of our competitors. Determine our competitive position relative to other insurance carriers by market segment and recommend changes to our product based on competitive data.
- Maintain Personal lines product manuals and be responsible for their content. Revise manuals to support product changes and rate revisions.
- Work with agents in assigned states, influencing agencies to adopt best practices in the sales and service of Personal Lines products. Work with Marketing and Training to inform and train agents about new products and product changes.
- Work closely with the compliance function in assigned state(s) ensuring that products & rates are in compliance with all applicable statutes & regulations.
Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree and/or professional designation (e.g. CPCU) preferred. One or more years of profit and loss responsibility, strategic marketing (consulting or corporate) and product management strongly desired. Must have superior problem solving and analytical skills with proven ability to make data-driven decisions. Affinity for and proven ability in mathematics and complex quantitative analysis are critical to success in this role. Must have ability to develop and lead a highly collaborative and team oriented environment. Ability to develop and execute a business strategy/vision required.