Graphic Packaging International Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Graphic Packaging International Inc.
OPPORTUNITY: We are a folding carton manufacturing operation seeking candidates to join our Engineering Department as an Engineering Intern. We offer outstanding opportunities for our employees to advance their careers through on the job training and job progression. These are skilled positions where our employees build successful careers in the Printing & Packaging industry.
The engineering intern will assist the Engineering Department by assessing and troubleshooting various issues related to the manufacture of food service products. The Intern will complete tasks as assigned that will contribute to cost savings for the Kenton plant. They understand and align business operations and Engineering Department as he/she executes their role to exceed customer expectations and align with GPI business, cultural, financial and operational objectives.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Assist the Engineering Department in managing improvement projects to meet facility goals.
- Review procedures, analyze data, and implement sustained process improvements.
- Help to identify potential changes needed to improve system / process effectiveness and efficiency.
- Collect and analyze data to incorporate trends and provide corrective action planning to Engineering Manager.
- Use technical skills and formal lean/six sigma methods to identify root causes and implement solutions, including design changes.
- Responsible for managing projects and providing weekly updates to Engineering Manager along with completing a Final Presentation to the Lead Team.
- This is a temporary position for approximately 3 months; could lead to possible fulltime employment at conclusion of internship.
- Other duties as assigned.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Lean/Six Sigma knowledge highly desirable
- Computer proficiency
- Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical / Industrial / Electrical preferred)
- Completion of 2 – 3 years engineering curriculum by Spring 2020 is preferred.
- General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- The final schedule to be agreed upon by intern and hiring manager
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to 8-hours.
- Occasional Lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
- Work in areas of fluctuating temperature.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.