Graphic Packaging International Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Plant Utility (entry level)
at Graphic Packaging International Inc.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child’s cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We’re one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world’s most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry’s best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
OPPORTUNITY: We are a folding carton manufacturing operation seeking candidates to join our Finishing Department as a General Plant Utility-entry level. We offer outstanding opportunities for our employees to advance their careers through on the job training and job progression. These are skilled trade positions where our employees build successful careers in the Printing & Packaging industry. We offer a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to, Paid Vacation & Holidays, optional Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, health spending accounts as well as 401-K with matching funds. Employees may voluntarily elect Pet Insurance, Home & Auto Insurance Programs, Purchasing Power, Aflac, Lifelock Identity Protection, and Hyatt Legal Services. Tabaco Cessation and Employee Assistance, Referral Program, Uniform Service, Safety Shoe, and Safety Prescription-Eyewear benefits are also available.
- This position requires the employee to feed and catch carton/pack cartons on a gluing machine at a pace that keeps up with the required speed of the machine and perform/supporting duties for the purpose of manufacturing folded and glued cartons
- Keep building in clean and orderly condition, to complete the plant wide painting schedule and to assist in the SQF Audits while maintaining SQF standards.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include but are not limited to the following.
- Working on gluer feeding & catching cartons
- Weighing scrap and running baler
- Sorting cartons for defects
- Assists operator on gluer
- Keeps daily time and materials usage reports and records information in SAP and PEAK
- Performs Preventative Maintenance
- Monitors the Housekeeping standards in the break room actively managing the Cleanliness of the storage shelves and items stored in the refrigerators discarding abandoned food products.
- Assist temporary employees with understanding task assignments while Reinforcing SQF standards and Graphic Packaging International core values
- Perform housekeeping duties
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor and Manager
- Shares an obligation to protect and strengthen Graphic Packaging International’s good reputation in our relationships with customers, employees, suppliers, competitors, investors, and governmental agencies, and to act consistently with our core values: Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork
- Other duties as assigned.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- 1 to 2 Years Manufacturing experience.
- Basic computer skills, data entry
- Visual Color Discrimination, the ability to match or detect differences between colors, including shades of colors
- Familiar with AIB / HACCP / SQF compliance standards
- Familiar with Food defense compliance standards
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Schedules are up to 12-hour shifts on alternate days with rotating weekends off. However, employees must have the ability to work alternate schedules and frequent overtime that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Sitting or standing, depending on changing job assignment, for extended periods.
- Must be able to discern color and clearly notice depth perception issues.
- Awkward and/or repetitive movements.
- Must be able to bend, stand, drive motorized equipment
- Bending frequently during the day
- Standing for the entire shift up to 12 hours
- Entering and exiting motorized equipment frequently
- Use of various hand and electrical tools and equipment, tow motors, floor scrubbers, etc..
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. periodically during the day
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Work in areas of fluctuating temperature.
The above job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster. Please apply at www.graphicpkg.com