Great American Insurance Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Great American Insurance Group
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Accounting & Finance
- Position Type
- Full Time
Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group’s member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
The Reinsurance Accounting Department ensures that Great American complies with all of the accounting requirements under its various reinsurance agreements. It also ensures that all internal and external financial statements fairly and accurately reflect such reinsurance transactions in accordance with statutory accounting principles. We are currently hiring an Accountant at our corporate headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Book and apply knowledge of reinsurance transactions.
- Calculation and timely payment of reinsurance premium, collection of reinsurance losses.
- Responsible for the maintenance of complete and accurate general and subsidiary ledgers for the accounts or department(s) assigned.
- Reconcile and adjust, as necessary, journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Coordinate accounting matters and reporting with other departments, locations, divisions and external customers.
- Assist with Annual Statement, Schedule F preparation.
- Monthly entry into Universal Reinsurance System (URS).
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred or equivalent.
- 0- 4 years of related experience. Insurance accounting experience preferred.
- Strong Excel skills, written and oral communication.
- Must be self-motivated, take initiative, and be adaptable.
- Position requires attention to detail and high work standards.
- Some minimal overtime hours may be required.