Great American Insurance Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Entry Specialist
at Great American Insurance Group
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Administrative/Customer Support
- Position Type
- Full Time
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
- Performs a variety of routine to moderately complex policy administration tasks in support of the business within established production and quality guidelines. Tasks may include:
- Reviews instructions from agent, underwriter, insured, broker, etc. to understand / determine what is needed to provide quotes, issuances, renewals, endorsements, etc.
- Computes premiums on quotes, issuances, renewals, audits, endorsements and / or cancellations / reinstatements based on proper rate selection, rules and company procedures.
- Enters rate, premium and / or policy information into appropriate systems for policy updates / issuance.
- Maintains file accuracy and completeness.
- Orders, prepares and / or updates reports (i.e., motor vehicle reports, loss reports, financial reports, loss run requests, etc.) and / or legal notices (i.e., Notice of Cancellation, non-renewal notice, motor vehicle / motor carrier filings, etc.).
- Sets up and clears submissions.
- Researches and resolves and / or corrects errors and / or issues.
- Prepares, assembles and / or issues policy / endorsements and associated documentation.
- Researches and reconciles premium / billing accounting discrepancies. Responds to premium / billing questions.
- Utilizes computerized systems for research, tracking, information gathering and / or troubleshooting (i.e., Excel / Word programs, legacy systems, internal systems, third party vendor delivered systems, etc.).
- Shares and / or conveys routine information via telephone, e-mail, fax, regular mail or in person to underwriters, agents, brokers, reinsurers and / or insureds maintaining a professional demeanor in all situations.
- May act as a liaison with other departments and facilitate interdepartmental communication.
- May perform other tasks including support, photocopying, imaging, mail, data entry and / or supply functions.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of policies and procedures, as well as the business (including products, coverages, etc.) and organization. Complies with company and regulatory guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: 6 months to 2 years related experience.