Harbor Behavioral Healthcare
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Harbor Behavioral Healthcare
Various Sites-Lucas & Wood Co.
Harbor is seeking a non-licensed Community Psychiatric Supportive Treatment/Therapeutic Behavioral Services Providerwho delivers professional care in the community setting and/or group programming setting to children, youth and adults experiencing a severe and persistent mental illness, and their families. This position is a full-time float position between locations to cover various caseloads of staff members on vacation and/or leave.
- Responsible for the quality and completeness of the clinical record.
- Develops and updates Individualized Service Plan (ISP) for each client.
- Responsible for accurate and timely documentation which may include, but is not limited to: activity/progress notes, ISPs, DPS logs, incident report forms and any other forms necessary to document services.
- Types clinical documentation in the format appropriate and acceptable to Harbor
- In providing billable services, fulfills or exceeds unit expectations established by Harbor.
Provides Community Psychiatric Supportive Treatment service activities:
- Assesses client needs and formulates a strength-based ISP in conjunction with the client, family and/or significant others.
- Evaluates and revises the ISP according to the client’s responses and needs.
- Crisis prevention / intervention
- Follows crisis prevention/intervention protocols.
- Provides support, education and consultation to clients, families, and/or significant others.
- Provides therapeutic interventions as noted in the ISP to maintain the client in the least-restrictive environment and to enhance client and family functioning.
- Monitors clients to identify and minimize effects of psychiatric symptoms.
- Provides education on self-management of symptoms to clients, families and/or significant others.
- Assists the client and family in increasing social support skills and networks.
- Coordinates indicated evaluations and assessments by internal and/or external providers.
- Coordinates and monitors all services identified in the ISP.
- Provides assistance in gaining access to essential community resources.
Provides individual and group Therapeutic Behavioral services, including but not limited to:
- Identification of strategies or treatment options.
- Developing and providing solution focused interventions and emotional and behavioral management drawn from evidence-based psychotherapeutic treatments.
- Restoration of social skills.
- Restoration of daily functioning.
- Crisis prevention and amelioration.
- Group services.
Additional Mental Health Day Treatment expectations may include:
- Provides Therapeutic Behavioral Group services within a day treatment model that may include, but are not limited to, the following: Determination of needed mental health interventions; Skills development; Developing positive coping mechanisms; Managing mental health and behavioral symptoms to enhance vocational/school opportunities and/or independent living; Psycho-educational interventions including individualized instruction and training of persons served in order to increase their knowledge and understanding of their psychiatric diagnosis(es), prognosis(es), treatment, and rehabilitation.
Special Work Conditions
- Keeps current with trends and developments related to essential job competencies and demonstrates continued growth in the essential job competencies.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma and 3 years of experience required. Bachelor’s degree in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology, Nursing or closely related behavioral/mental health field preferred.
- Must be proficient and accurate in computer use, including Microsoft Word.
- Must successfully complete required training, within 90 days of hire, in mental health competencies including, at a minimum, an understanding of mental illness, psychiatric symptoms, and impact on functioning and behavior; how to therapeutically engage a mentally ill person; concepts of recovery/resiliency; crisis response procedures; an understanding of the community mental health system; de-escalation techniques and understanding how his/her behavior can impact the behavior of individuals.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record and be deemed insurable through Harbor’s vehicle insurance carrier.
- CPR/First Aid and NCI/CPI Certifications required.