Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
US OH Columbus
This exciting opportunity is part of Hexion Inc.
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Hexion Inc. is the global leader in thermoset resins. Through a broad range of thermoset technologies and specialty products, Hexion serves and supports customers in a diverse range of applications and industries.
Hexion materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Hexion, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Hexion, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Bachelors in Accounting Degree
Hexion has brought its tax function in house and we are seeking highly motivated and dynamic tax accounting professionals interested in building out a world class global tax department. Our tax footprint covers over thirty countries on five continents. The successful candidates will be instrumental in implementing process improvements, developing relationships with global financial partners and assisting with Hexion's overall tax posture.
- Execute assigned tasks in a manner that furthers our value-added business partner approach, process improvement, and delivery of world-class service.
- Assists with tax provision calculation and allocation under ASC 740 (fka FAS 109 I FIN 48), computes and tracks book/tax differences while maintaining tax basis balance sheets and deferred taxes.
- Assist with the review of consolidated C-Corp and Partnership tax returns for the various taxing jurisdictions of multiple companies.
- Maintain tax files and ensure proper documentation, referencing and organization.
- Coordinate the gathering of document requests from corporate accounting, various international accounting teams, legal and HR departments as well as others.
- Assist with International, federal, state and local tax audits and notices by gathering requested information and drafting responses.
- Process tax payments and prepare accounting reconciliations.
- Assist with monitoring current tax legislation.
- Maintain domestic tax account roll-forwards for all federal and state accrued and deferred tax accounts.
- Maintain proper documentation and testing of procedures to ensure adequate internal controls and to satisfy requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley Act Section 404.
Adaptable, ability to focus on multiple projects, desire to understand complex tax laws and intricate book to tax adjustments, strong interpersonal skills.
CPA a plus
- 1 - 3 years previous tax accounting experience and tax accounting knowledge a plus.
- "Get It Done" attitude with a focus on results
- Sense of urgency
- Creative mindset
- Detail oriented while able to see the bigger picture
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Works well in group situations resolving issues
- Proactive and diligent in self-review of deliverables