Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Homesite Insurance
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
Due to growth at Homesite, we are currently seeking an analytical, energetic individual to join our Commercial Billing Team. In this position, you will be responsible for daily payment processing and serve as a back-up to the Sr. Billing Specialist to assist with reconciliation as well as researching payment inquiries from our Call Center.
* Daily payment reconciliation
* Researching unidentified payments, chargebacks, and refunds
* Determine if checks have been cashed, make stop payments and research payments
* Reverse ACH payments when needed
* Handle reversal of credit card payments, payment transfers and bank return checks
* Comparison of Billing EFT reports against EFT files
* Research refunds
* Mail Merger/Manual check request log and submit manual check requests to Finance department
* Participate in identifying enhancement and/or training opportunities
* Identify and report issues as needed
Core Skills Required:
* Must have good PC knowledge; possess data entry skills, analytical/problem solving skills, knowledge of Windows and NT
* High level of proficiency in Microsoft Products (i.e.: Excel, Word)
* Excellent problem solving skills, oral and written communication skills, and organizational skills
* Excellent customer service approach along with strong follow up
* Very detail-oriented
* Driven toward results, individually and in a team setting
* Ability to be resilient, positive, and focused
Previous Experience and Education:
* Minimum of 1-2 years billing experience preferred
* Excellent communication and data entry skills a must
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook)
* Excellent organization and follow up skills
* Associate’s degree in Accounting required
* Bachelor's degree a plus (preferably in Accounting)
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!