Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Homesite Insurance
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
The Claims Content Adjuster position supports the Claims Department’s goal of ensuring industry leading customer service and delivers seamless claim service. An adjuster who can work on low to moderately complex property contents claims. Performs with a high degree of competency and continues to develop a mastery of skills and insurance knowledge required of an experienced property claim adjuster.
- Investigates cause and origin of claims by contacting the appropriate parties including insureds, claimants, agents, attorneys, contractors, other adjusters, public personnel, etc. Checks for prior claims and recognizes environmental exposures.
- Identifies complex issues and seeks assistance as needed.
- Recognizes pertinent issues and formats questions to obtain recorded or written statements to properly resolve the assigned claims. Handles claims on a good faith basis.
- Recognizes when to secure public documents to complete a claim file investigation. Secures, preserves and maintains evidence in a legal manner.
- Recognizes and investigates losses involving subrogation and salvage potential.
- Identifies fraud files and seeks assistance as needed.
Estimating Loss & Damages
- Determines when to repair or replace personal property loss items dependent on careful review of factors involved.
- Sets reserves and recommends settlement values when loss exceeds authority.
- Creates pricing estimates in estimating software
Negotiation & Settlement
- Handles claim negotiations by settling and providing the best customer experience in the industry.
- Provides a clear explanation of the estimate to the customer, answers all questions and processes the claim payment.
- Recognizes the need for and sends Reservation of Rights letters as appropriate.
- Recognizes, controls and resolves disputes with tact and diplomacy. Obtains assistance as needed.
- Actively manages individual claim inventory and works toward meeting cycle-time goals for closing files. Claim inventory will focus on lower to moderately complex claims that can be primarily handled without on-site inspection and face-to-face customer interaction, unless the use of preferred content vendors is warranted. These claims will primarily include losses impacting contents and limited structural damage.
- Utilizes the electronic claim system to complete and document actions throughout the life of the file.
- Conducts initial review of claims received to identify prior actions taken and determine next steps.
- Contributes to the team environment by assisting with claims from other adjusters’ inventories in the adjustors’ absence. Responds to customer inquiries, makes appropriate decisions and closes file as needed.
- Makes independent decisions and self-supervises most files but recognizes when assistance is needed.
- Maintains a global view of the property claim workflow in order to provide customers with appropriate, accurate and timely information throughout the life cycle of their claim.
Policy Determination & Analysis
- Interprets and determines state-specific differences in policies and contract coverages and applies to all parties for assigned losses. Interprets claim history coverages. Selects proper loss codes based on policy type.
- Applies decision making process to available data to determine extent of coverage or non-coverage and communicates results to appropriate parties.
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!