II-VI Optical Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Program Manager
at II-VI Optical Systems
- 12-Oct-2018 (PST)
- 31 - Optonicus
- Dayton, OH, USA
- Full Time
II-VI Optical Systems' designs, manufactures, assembles and tests precision optical systems and components. Our products have been deployed on military platforms such as submarines, tanks, missiles, fighter jets and UAV's. II-VI Optical Systems has grown over the years from a provider of specialty optical materials to a full service provider of optical components and optical systems.
Since its establishment in 1961, II-VI Optical Systems has maintained a commitment to customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is achieved by continuous training of our staff with focus on quality, on-time delivery, and cost reduction. From the initial customer inquiry to final delivery, meeting the customer's requirements is our primary objective.
Responsible for managing multiple new or ongoing key customer contracts which are highly complex/technical and/or represent significant current/future revenue. Leads cross functional teams to complete projects and provide deliverables to contractual dates while maintaining or exceeding budgeted financial performance. Identifies necessary materials and resources, develops Statement of Work, project schedules, and partners with other managers and functional personnel to ensure success of assigned programs. May also be responsible for other, less complex programs or new product introductions which have the potential for expanding II-VI OS business.
Acts as the primary customer interface for all assigned program issues and support which includes working with key suppliers/vendors. If assigned to production/commercial type programs, leads the development and booking activities for potential follow-on or new contracts with assigned customers. May also be responsible for identifying, developing contacts and booking new business within current markets.
MS/BS degree in Business, Operations Management or technical field such as Engineering. MBA preferred. Equivalent experience and certification may be substituted for education.
Minimum 15 years of experience in program management acting as the primary contact with full schedule and financial responsibility. Aerospace experience highly preferred.
1. Strong communication skills and business acumen. Must be able to judge situations with regard to the larger business picture as well as the immediate need. Must be able to structure internal and especially external communication accordingly.
2. Strong planning and leadership ability to coordinate and get tasks accomplished in through non direct reports. Ability, flexibility, versatility and comfort level for working with multiple individuals and personalities.
3. Ability to persuade and motivate others. Strong negotiation skills.
4. Thorough understanding of production and financial reporting/systems with regard to program/project management (budgeting, EAC's, etc.).
5. Understanding of business strategies and ability to formulate/execute plans to support said strategies.
6. Advance skills using Microsoft Projects and other software packages tools required to effectively communicate with customers, vendors and internal communication/reporting.
7. Ability to train, coach and mentor other program managers.
8. Willing to travel, sometimes at short notice.
9. Ability to effectively assume the role or act as a back-up to the Manager of Program Management if required to do so.
"II-VI Optical Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law."