Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food Processing Technologist
at JBT Corporation
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Posted Date
- 3 months ago(6/28/2019 5:35 PM)
- Lab, Technical Center & Pilot Plant
Responsible for the development, application, and documentation of food processing techniques and/or technology as it pertains to the various testing activities conducted in the Food Processing Technology & Training Center.
Works closely with Customers, Allied suppliers, Strategic Partners, and other Stein/JBT employees including: Food Scientist, FPTTC Coordinator, Process Technicians and Marketing Department.
Coordinate with Sales personnel and Customers on matters of product testing, results expected, and details of final report.
- Collects and records relevant data for each test performed using laptop and other instrumentation for real-time data input. Produces a detailed report of each test activity and provides copies to Customers, Sales and FPTC (food Processing Technology Center) files. Interprets test results and explains to customers. Ensures that test samples are shipped to customers as required.
- Actively participates in the planning, execution, and follow up of product demonstrations, tests and/or technical discussions with customers, suppliers and colleagues. Reviews features/benefits and functions of equipment for guests. Explains, in detail, test procedures and/or protocol.
- Leads and/or participates in programs of research and development. Participates in discussions with customers regarding the development of new food processes and products. Provides input to other Stein personnel regarding product performance, equipment difficulties and suggestions for product improvement.
- Prepares and delivers formal multimedia presentations regarding test/ research findings, training, etc for Customers, Peers or Senior Management. Responds to inquiries regarding food-processing experience at the Technical Center. Provides tours of Technical Center, Manufacturing facility and local Supermarkets as directed.
- Provides input for the acquisition of food products, ingredients, coating materials, lab supplies, and shipping supplies (for test samples). Serves as a resource and a liaison when utilizing outside research sources (e.g-. Universities, Allied Suppliers, Industry Professionals, etc.).
- Assists in the development & delivery of scholarly works describing various activities of the FPTC, findings related to food processing and food safety or other topics of relevance to our customers, colleagues, & management.
- Provides support for Training Department by designing and executing hands-on product demonstrations and bv preparing and delivering classroom presentations.
- Assists in the maintenance and sanitation of the Food Processing Technology Center by preparing equipment for tests, returning tools and instrumentation to proper storage area, keeping work are neat and clean and following accepted testing and safety procedures. Reports any maintenance or sanitation issues to FPTC manager. Performs or assists with in-house tests.
- Assists with activities associated with exhibits at various trade shows.
- Travels, when directed, to customer sites to assist with troubleshooting, product testing or operator training.
- BS in Food Science + 4 years related experience, or equivalent. MS in Food Science preferred.
- Must have an understanding and proficiency with personal computers and various computer software programs for the purpose of generating test reports, updating the database, conducting research, and generating other documentation.
- Experience with multi-media presentation preparation. Ability to write technical reports and general business correspondence.
- Knowledge of food processing equipment.
- Working knowledge of competing and alternative technologies.
- Demonstrated communications and interpersonal skills (written, verbal, presentation and listening skills).
- Must demonstrate strong planning and organization skills in order to succeed in an environment with multiple and changing priorities.
- Must be able to travel.
WORK ENVIROMENT:The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Clean laboratory or office conditions, occasionally loud equipment noise and high moisture levels.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Describe amount & frequency of physical requirements of the position (i.e. lifting, pushing, climbing) Frequent sitting and operating personal computer. Some lifting of coating materials, ingredients and substrates and moving of equipment. May be required to lift product bags for testing and demonstrations of equipment that weigh 50 lbs.