Advanced Drainage Systems
Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc (ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Our innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. We have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging our national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and our manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, we operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 63 manufacturing plants and 31 distribution centers. In July, 2014 we became a public company traded on the NYSE®. To enable our continued growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic organization.
The ADS Manufacturing Management Trainee will participate in a structured training program which includes overall plant operations, safety, quality, service, productivity, administrative and financial performance, employee development, staffing, project management and annual operating budget preparation. Trainees will be required to relocate at rotation intervals during the program and must be willing to relocate upon completion of their training program.
This is a great opportunity to hone your talents and grow your career in a manufacturing leadership role; develop leadership and functional skills in an environment designed to promote rapid growth through experience in key plant operations, including Material & Quality Management, Production & Safety Management, Inventory & Logistics Management, Project Management and Financial & Human Resource Management. Receive accelerated development into a full-time Management position within 12-18 months by leveraging a structured training plan, skilled instructors, mentorship by senior managers and travel to many of our 40+ manufacturing facilities.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Manage comprehensive training plan and coordinate with plant leadership teams to execute planned training tasks
- Learn and perform the various manufacturing and yard positions, including supervisory roles
- Learn and perform the various management positions in the plant to include, Production Manager Quality Manager, Yard Manager, Inventory Manager and Freight Manager roles
- Learn plant financial and human resource management process
- Learn key safety & quality management processes and techniques
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of overall plant operations; including manufacturing, inventory& logistics and customer service
- Learn key predictive and preventive maintenance strategies and techniques
- Actively participate as a member of the plant management team
- Participate in various continuous improvement projects
- Provide leadership and set an example for other employees
- Learn, understand and practice ADS CORE VALUES
Ideal candidate should possess these job skills:
Ability to multi-task with excellent time management skills
Strong Computer skills and applications (internet, Microsoft Office Suite)
Quick learner with Initiative and self-discipline
Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving skills
Ability to effectively communicate and problem solve with customers
Ability to communicate with different levels within the organization
Strong decision making skills
- Four year business or technical degree, with 0 to 2 years experience in a manufacturing or industrial work environment preferred.